Installing program per 2001 like AutoCad 95-2000

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmithDoor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Installing program per 2001 (most older program be for 2001 used a 16 bit installer this will install older programs)

For installing copy all files to hard-drive
Use to install on 64 bit windows SETUP.EXE see files below . for installing AutoCad 95LT, AutoCad 2000LT and Plotupdate2000 (print drive only for AutoCad 2000LT)

AutoCad 95 may show error but still works after installing

AutoCad LT 2000 does not copy all files just copy all files from CD that did not copy the first time installing.

Set Compatabilty to Windows 95 to Windows ME be for installing

For floppy information need need for AutoCad 95LT I copy this AutoCAD 95 floppy folder on the hard-drive and I may a CD most computers today do not have a floppy drive I have one that pugs into a USB port from Amazon.

After Installing AutoCAD LT 2000 some files do not copy , Just copy the files not in AutoCAD LT 2000 files most are dll files

************ NOTE: Set Compatabilty to Windows 95 to Windows ME some time later versions for Is3 and Is5 intallers **********

**** Newer version of windows 10 v1903 and late the PDF printer do not work right just install a PDF printer for internet for works great ****​

Attachments

• Is5Launcher.zip
    33.5 KB · Views: 41
  • RaedMe_Is3E.pdf
    59.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Windows Color Change June 2019 Windows 8 to 10 v1903.pdf
    91.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Blocks for Lathes and Mills.zip
    5 MB · Views: 47
  • Is3Engine.zip
    270.1 KB · Views: 34
  • AutoCad Background color.pdf
    137.8 KB · Views: 47
Honestly, I don't know why I'd bother with an old AutoCAD. I owned their product way back when it was on CP/M and it was amazing back then, but I have zero interest in digging that out now. If you are interested in a much better alternative, look at NanoCAD 5. It is free. The only downside with it is that it is license locked to a computer, which sucks. Well, that is my opinion... and my opinions are apparently not consistent with many others on HMEM if you look at the Fusion360 threads. LOL.

QCAD is a great product and isn't license locked if you buy it, which is very inexpensive. The only downside is that it doesn't use AutoCAD command structures, which I know very well. I find that to be painful. But... again... It is a *perpetual* license, not a rental (like Fusion) and not locked to a computer. I think you'd be much better off with one of those than installing some ancient version of AutoCAD.

I purchase Autocad in 2000 and works great
I have try others and a wild they turn the program if you pay.
It is less thing I have pay for.

Dave

PS: I am looking at QCAD

Honestly, I don't know why I'd bother with an old AutoCAD. I owned their product way back when it was on CP/M and it was amazing back then, but I have zero interest in digging that out now. If you are interested in a much better alternative, look at NanoCAD 5. It is free. The only downside with it is that it is license locked to a computer, which sucks. Well, that is my opinion... and my opinions are apparently not consistent with many others on HMEM if you look at the Fusion360 threads. LOL.

QCAD is a great product and isn't license locked if you buy it, which is very inexpensive. The only downside is that it doesn't use AutoCAD command structures, which I know very well. I find that to be painful. But... again... It is a *perpetual* license, not a rental (like Fusion) and not locked to a computer. I think you'd be much better off with one of those than installing some ancient version of AutoCAD.

Last edited:
Listen, I *get* the frustration with license rentals and locked applications. Trust me! Nano actually seems to be pretty good, as I said. But you are using an older version (5) which isn't developed anymore. The biggest problem with it is that it is computer locked. That is a huge problem when you want to change that hard disk that is dying (or whatever) if they've used that serial number in the hash. So, I have a health bit of respect for staying away from Nano for just that reason. BUT, it does do autocad commands very well. It is *not* Draftsight that had to be re-licensed all the time.

The biggest downside to QCAD for you will be that it doesn't used AutoCAD commands. If you've owned ACAD that long, you'll be able to move around quickly. I suffer from the same problem. Once you buy QCAD, I was given a link to a portal that allowed me to download an unlocked version. I didn't have to enter a computer locked license, so I was very happy with that. And it runs on PC or Mac, which is a plus. There is a learning curve, but I've been happy with it. Plus, it does have CAM in it, which is also nice. That is 2D only though, but better than nothing.... And it is pretty primitive. Given where things like Fusion might be going, though, I think it is prudent to have some backups. QCAD is definitely one (not comparing Fusion, which is parametric, to QCAD though because they are different beasts).

It work good
I do know if can make short cuts

Dave

Oh... QCAD is open source so it is free. The paid version is for the extensions (reading DWG files, CAM, etc)

You can make short cuts. My sense is that you can learn to fly with it as quickly, if not more so, than you can with your AutoCAD commands. It is just teaching the old dog new tricks.

There is a downloadable summary "cheat sheet" someplace on the QCAD site

That good to know you can make short cuts.
The biggest part that makes Qcad is enter in a dimension from a snap point and low cost. I have used other CAD software the last one like was SightDraft. But now it a rental and I am retire lack funding so I to work with Qcad and save ever thing in Autocad 2000LT.
I am keeping Autocad 2000LT on Windows 10 64-bit

Dave

You can make short cuts. My sense is that you can learn to fly with it as quickly, if not more so, than you can with your AutoCAD commands. It is just teaching the old dog new tricks.

There is a downloadable summary "cheat sheet" someplace on the QCAD site

If you decide to use QCAD, be aware that the paid (perpetual, not machine locked, license) version is required if you want to save in DWG format. DXF is the native format for the open source version of the program. The paid version is quite inexpensive, though. It is only 2D, tough. If you are fine with that, then you can avoid rentals like Fusion by using QCAD.

Again, if you really want ACAD commands, there is always Nano. But I caution against it due to the fact that it has to be activated. It may be free, but activations are risky things.

I will how it works for free Qcad.

Thank you
Dave

If you decide to use QCAD, be aware that the paid (perpetual, not machine locked, license) version is required if you want to save in DWG format. DXF is the native format for the open source version of the program. The paid version is quite inexpensive, though. It is only 2D, tough. If you are fine with that, then you can avoid rentals like Fusion by using QCAD.

Again, if you really want ACAD commands, there is always Nano. But I caution against it due to the fact that it has to be activated. It may be free, but activations are risky things.

I'm almost certain that Nano has LSP support. If you want to pay something, I'm pretty sure that the IntelliCAD based libraries also support LSP. QCAD probably does not because it is not intended to be an AutoCAD look-alike. However, it does have a framework around which you can build your own applications. This is actually how the paid version is setup. QCAD is free, but the paid version has about 5 extra 'modules' that are in a directory. That directory is parsed and processed accordingly. One of those modules is the CAM generator and another is DWG support.

In many ways, I think that is a better approach than LSP. I actually wrote a toolpath extractor years ago for AutoCAD, all in LSP. It was a bit of a pain, as I recall. If I had had the option to use a different language, I would have preferred that. I program for a living and I can tell you that the only LISP I've ever done has been in AutoCAD, so it isn't exactly a mainstream language. Still... It does get the job done.

I still trying to find a replacement.
I have installed back to Autocad 95 that works great in Windows 10 64-bit. Autocad 95 works better in Windows 10 64-bit than Windows 95 or 2000 32-bit

Dave

Can any of the products you mention process a .lsp routine?

Eugene

I forgot about the IntelliCAD consortium. IntelliCAD is a core library set that other companies "buy into", in addition to a product all by itself. I believe IntilliCAD is out of the Portland, OR area; they've been around for a LONG time. As each implementer has its own product, licenses are controlled by those companies. I really don't know the different cost of products or if they are rentals or one-time purchases.

Latest posts

Back