Injury

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art K

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm going to be laid up for a bit, fortunately not due to something stupid done in the shop. I went for a bike ride (the un-motorized variety) and going to fast around a corner which has a telephone pole at the apex for that speed. Funny how I don't remember ever noticing the pole till impact was imminent and unaviodable. Now I get to have airport security wave the magic wand over my wrist and shoulder to explain why I set off the metal detector.
I guess the moral of the story is to slow down.
Art

Well if you knew the future, you could race ahead!! But if you dont...be cautious at every curve......
And oh yea been there done that, found out I have a spleen.....still not sure whats it was good for....

Fortunately nothing else injured except the helmet and bike (replaceable)
Art

Art,
As a fellow cyclist I am with you bro. Speedy recovery to you.

Phil

Thanks everybody I will make every effort to get back to normal as soon as possible especially rehab. Man typing one handed sucks.
Art

Sorry to hear the bad news & glad to see you're on the way to better days.

Have to ask though - did you make the metal bits yourself? :^)

Art : speedy recovery.
The one time I actually got hurt on my bicycle I was barely moving. That time I broke my wrist . fortunately for me I was active duty for military training at the time. The other spills I have taken I managed to mostly bounce.

There was a couple of years I logged over a thousand years on my bike.
Now I am almost afraid to ride with all the idiots on the road.
Tin

Hi,
You knowBanjo they never asked me, at any rate I think all the little metal bits are 'special'. Tin the only bouncing I did was dazedly off the pole. I have a scar on my thumb since I was 14 that looks like I tried to cut it off on a table saw, but was really a bad spill in the gravel where my thumb landed under the bar. A few years ago I logged about 900 riding to work one summer. Haven't topped it since.
take care all
Art

I have a titanium rod and pin in my leg and never had any problems at the airport. Get well soon!

"G"

Thanks Guys,
I suppose I'm over the worst of it with the surgery on the wrist and shoulder behind me, but wearing the sling for the next four weeks.:mad: And "not using" my left hand and shoulder..... Did start pt though I suppose that's a step forward.
Art

Fractured the top of my tibea, just where the knee joint is, years ago. Ended up with 3 x 90 mm long screws through it. About 2 years after, I had the screws removed, could tell when it was going to rain by the pain in my knee. Fine since.

Paul.

Is that why your username is Conductor? :)

I fell off the roof of my barn, broke the top of my femur in two places. Now I have a pin and rod plus the four screws I forgot about. My poor knees were allready weather detectors. ;)

Actually my user name is a very long story...

The "X" represents the search for the unknown conductor... like when scientists were searching for Planet X. They knew Pluto was out there, but could not find it. The "G" I sign with is the first initial of my name Gary. My friends call me "G" and the ladies tell me to "STAY AWAY".

Sorry to get off topic.
"G"

Latest posts

Back