Information about the Emco Maximat V10 lathe

Discussion in 'Tools' started by packrat, Apr 15, 2019.

Help Support HMEM by donating:

1. Apr 15, 2019 #1

packrat

packrat

packrat

A Emco Maximat V10 lathe came up for sale about 60 miles from me, it looks like a nice European type
    lathe with a milling head. My question would be do any of the members here on the HMEM forum have or use
    a Emco Maximat V10 lathe and how do you like them. The last thing I need is one more lathe but it looks like a
    interesting lathe to work with and well made...

2. Apr 16, 2019 #2

Wizard69

Wizard69

Wizard69

Sadly I don't have one but have seen them at auction. At least I think it was a V10, it is a very impressive, high quality machine compared to my little import 9x20. At least it looked that way at the auction.

In any event does somebody with a screen name like "Packrat" really need a reason to buy another lathe? From one packrat to another I'd say go for it.

By the way I'm actually trying to clean shop and figure out what to keep and what to dispose of. Talk about a mentally draining chore, never the less I have to do it as I need a less crowded shop and frankly a cleaner shop.

3. Apr 16, 2019 #3

goldstar31

goldstar31

goldstar31

Haggis Breeder
    Lathes co.uk gives a fine write up and I recall one tool maker trading in his Myford Super7B for one.

What it suggests is where the SiegC4 lathe and vertical mill were copied== and certainly not as well. I have a Myford Super7B and a Sieg C4 and would get quite exited if a good one was to come along at the right price.

Need I say more?

4. Apr 16, 2019 #4

josodl1953

josodl1953

josodl1953

Emco is an Austrian company producing high quality machining equipment. I have got the Emco Compact 8 which is not in production anymore but it gives good value for money . Of course the condition of the machine is the decisive factor whether you buy the machine of not. Even good machinery loses its accuracy when ill-maintained.
    If it looks OK, I'd give it a go.

Jos

5. Apr 17, 2019 #5

Jasonb

Jasonb

Jasonb

Project of the Month Winner!!! Project of the Month Winner

6. Apr 17, 2019 #6

packrat

packrat

packrat

Thanks for all the help, I called about the lathe and it was sold. It went fast someone was looking for a
    small lathe and know what it was..I would of liked to look at it but too late...