Information about NAMES 2023

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, it is beginning to look like this show is toast.
I know of shows in Arkansas that never closed during the pandemic.
I would hope some other shows can pick up the slack.

Soule reopened their show this year, and had a successful gathering.

I would hope that every avenue is being looked at to reopen this show, including a venue change, insurance carrier change, LLC liability projects, or whatever.
What is it going to take to reboot this show?
Inquiring minds would like to know.

It is hard to imagine what sort of insurmountable obstacles are keeping this show closed, when most other shows are now operating again.

This is a great show, and so what do we need to do to get it going again?

Last edited:
Wow, it is beginning to look like this show is toast.
I know of shows in Arkansas that never closed during the pandemic.
I would hope some other shows can pick up the slack.

Soule reopened their show this year, and had a successful gathering.

I would hope that every avenue is being looked at to reopen this show, including a venue change, insurance carrier change, LLC liability projects, or whatever.
What is it going to take to reboot this show?
Inquiring minds would like to know.

It is hard to imagine what sort of insurmountable obstacles are keeping this show closed, when most other shows are now operating again.

This is a great show, and so what do we need to do to get it going again?

How many shows, where are they, when?

Be sure to keep us informed.

I attended Algonquin Mill this year, and had a great time.

While it is not a "model engine show" per se, there were quite a few impressive model engines on display and most running all around the show.
Very friendly folks at this show, and they will talk all day about engines.
This show was packed with people. Everyone is eager to attend shows again.
There is a video at the link below.

https://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/threads/algonquin-mill-fall-festival.34495/#post-386099

Last edited:
I was unable to attend Soule this year, but it has a show the first week of November, every year.

Soule was where the Speedy Twin was manufactured, and the foundry and machining and assembly lines are all still intact.
Line-shaft-powered machine shop, fully functional.

https://www.industrialheritagemuseum.com/
The correct pronunciation of Soule sounds like Sue Lay.

Reactions: Zeb
Sorry to hear this! Rapid City, SD is still going on, NAMES it's not by any means, but it is a small show 20+ years going. Maybe it could turn into something bigger............just a thought. I don't want to see this hobby die!

MikeG
Hearing that NAMES is not on again this year, Joy and I are hoping to make it to the Black Hills Show in SD.

You are correct. The Black Hills Model Engineering Expo is Sept. 24-25, 2022 with set up Friday, Sept 23rd for people displaying models. We have more vendors coming this year. Also there is another room that many of the wives and ladies setup to sew, quilt, cross stich and craft together for the weekend.

Latest posts

Back