INDUSTRIAL METAL SALES retail store tour!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longboy

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having need to restock materials this winter I went over to IMS who opened up in Tucson a couple years ago. Upon entering you find the friend of the hobbiest K&S Metals display kiosk loaded with the majority of their line. Racks and bins of common metal materials in un-common shapes and forms as well as the more familiar await you. Along the inner walls are sample displays with type and stock #'s to make desk orders. Pre cut CR, Aluminum, brass, some SS in 12" and 36" lengths priced by the pound. Or you may get lucky to pull what you need from the odds & ends bin at a reduced price! In a back room is this bin of engine builders solid gold....6061 in block and slab form. As you can see there is approximately 2-3 hundred cubic inches of I/C model engines with cyl. heads on the cart.:eek: Also some sheet copper and brass. I find the staff will give a few pieces from here complimentary with purchase.:D "flywheel material"! In steel and aluminum, starting a 3 X .5 inch on up to basketball diameters!............Much of their business is decorative iron , gate and fencing, and there are bins of formed material for their customization. Lets take a look at some of the items of interest for engine modelers. CI half inch width round.....make a bi metal flywheel using this as the tire. Antique look Stirling CI Flywheel! This is a stamped steel flower petal......I see a 4 blade cooling fan for Stirling. For those who make cast iron toys.....this can be a circus wagon wheel! I haven't a clue but wonder how this form is created in steel. :confused: Building a utility trailer? Lots of bins with bracketing, pre holed for fasteners. Geez....another head and block table with DOM tubing rack behind. Half domes in steel.....can make a fuel cup for Stirling here.............Well as you can see, for me there will be no more U.P.S truck stopping by as I can go local now. Industrial volumes or hobby quantities. Helpful friendly staff and never before seen items to stir up the dream designs within us....Industrial Metal Supply!

Last edited:
Where is this magnificent place. I would love to have one nearby.

Sent from my iPad using Model Engines

Can you ask them to open another branch - about 150 miles East of Bangkok, please?
Geoff,
Thailand

Can you ask them to open another branch - about 150 miles East of Bangkok, please?
Geoff,
Thailand
Hi Geof

I'm in Pattaya, do you have any sources for metals locally? I buy mine from a Chinese Thai guy but its very expensive, I buy a lot online and have it sent from the US or UK.

Regards

Dave

Is this the one located in Phoenix, AZ. Before I moved to Texas I lived in Phoenix and used to visit their store there on a regular basis. I really miss it. They have everything, aluminum, cold rolled, brass, stainless, DOM steel, cast iron, structural steel, etc. Amazing place!

Chuck

Chuck
Do I see a road trip in your future?

I found one near Detroit. About a three hour drive. I'll make a shopping list.

Sent from my iPad using Model Engines

Back