I'm back again

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernd

Reaction score
Looks like the last time I was here was in 2011. WOW eleven years ago. Came across the HMEM logo and wanted to see if my account was still active and it was. Had to change my e-mail address and pass word though.

I signed on back in 2008 when Brass Machine had started this forum. Bogstandard aka John was here. My he rest in peace. I also cam across some familiar names I remember like Tin Falcon and Cedge. I'll have to stop by more often and see what's going on.

Bernd

Hi Bernd. Like you, I was absent for a number of years, only to return recently. I had to get a new identity, tho, as I couldn't remember my old data. I seem to remember your name after all the years, good to have some familiar personalities, eh? Try not to stay away for so long this time.

Welcome Bernd.
Those were the days weren't they? Seems like yesterday.
I had to create a new account, but I am back.

I figured with the pandemic, and all the other stuff going on, best enjoy anything/everything while I can, and post what I can with the modeling community.
Life is short, and so my motto is have fun while you can.

Pat J

I didn't remember my old password so I had get a new one. Problem was the e-mail I had used back then I wasn't using any more. I couldn't believe I was able to get on that old e-mail. I had my password written down in a book I keep with all past and present passwords and low and behold it worked. I've got a model railroad website up and have an e-mail through that provider. So all new e-mail and password.

I still have the machining gene active but am heavily into model railroading. Still have my Bridgeport. I added a Logan 10" lathe, a small manual surface grinder. In the last couple of years I go a Sherline manual lathe with milling attachment. I purchased a Sherline CNC mill a few years ago and just recently purchased a CNC router.

comgrow3.JPG

comgrow4.JPG

I've started a page on my website on this machine. I'll be using it for my model railroading projects along with the Sherline CNC mill. Here's he link to the web page: Comgrow CNC Carving Machine Not much there yet as I just got it last month.

I'll stop by a bit more often to post my exciting adventures in using CNC at home on tabletop machines.

Bernd

Bernd,
Checked out your web site. Very nice.
I have been combining model railroading with engine building for the last doden years, but in gauge 1 sizes. 10 IC powered locos and pile of live steam.
I see that you like to use ball bearings in your projects and mention a supplier that has great bearings, but at a price. I have been getting my bearings from:
https://www.avidrc.com/product/1/bearings/I have used about 250 bearings from them and found them to be very good. Excellent service, next day shipping, and very good prices. You might want to check them out.
Welcome back by the way.
Gail

Bernd,
Checked out your web site. Very nice.
I have been combining model railroading with engine building for the last doden years, but in gauge 1 sizes. 10 IC powered locos and pile of live steam.
I see that you like to use ball bearings in your projects and mention a supplier that has great bearings, but at a price. I have been getting my bearings from:
https://www.avidrc.com/product/1/bearings/I have used about 250 bearings from them and found them to be very good. Excellent service, next day shipping, and very good prices. You might want to check them out.
Welcome back by the way.
Gail

Thanks for the welcome back Gail.

I'll check out the bearing place. Thanks.

Bermd

Howdy, stranger. Long time, no see.

Howdy. Ya well I did some parring down of interests. Added a couple of CNC machines. I've got it down to model railroading and then machining since machining goes along with model railroading. I'll post some projects I've done but I'm not into building steam engines. Still have casting of a 1 1/2" Shay I started but decided it's to heavy and would take to long to build. Plus I wouldn't have the time during the warmer months to run it since the wife and I spend lots of time at our place on the St. Lawrance River. But I'll be around here once in a while to check on things and post occasionally on projects I'm working on.

Bernd

Latest posts

Back