Igageing DRO help

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kpar

Kpar
Reaction score
Been a while since my last post, been out of action.
I'm revamping my workshop and decided to change my Igageing DRO's (4 off) power supply. I currently using 4 plugin power supplies and while they have been ok I would like to do away with the 4 separate plugins. My adapters are 5Volt yet the units have 2x3 volt batt and to confuse me further some have suggested that Igageing require 3.3 Volts ?
I was thinking of using C or D cell 3volt batteries which do not make 3.3 Volts
My electrical knowledge is nill so please help.

I would imagine that the two 3 volt batteries are connected in series and provide 6 volts to the DRO and there may be internal circuitry to regulate to 5V, maybe even 3.3V. If it was me, I would cut the wires from 3 of the adapters and splice them into the 4th adapter so you now have one adapter powering 4 units. Wires can be cut to appropriate lengths. Just make sure you keep the + and - wires correct. The DRO units draw very little current, so one adapter will be plenty adequate.

Thanks Scotty, I wasn't sure if one adapter would handle what the units draw. The adapters only show 5 Volts but no current.

Latest posts

Back