I'd like to talk to modelers from Western Pa, Eastern Ohio

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen

Reaction score
As some of you may know, the Portersville Steam Show was last weekend. Once again, mostly due to benign neglect, we had empty display cases and tables in the grandstand building. So I "volunteered" (or mebbe got drafted?):hDe: to see if this situation might be able to be remedied before next year's show.

We're looking for folks with models, old toys/trains, farm toys, or any collections of interesting old shtuff. We most certainly don't judge, so your fit and finish doesn't have to be "exhibition quality"... you just have to be brave enough to bring it.

We will have an air table that can be expanded if needed, a couple largish glass front display cases, several heavy tables, a couple open front shelving units, and floor space for larger items. The building is generally available to move stuff into by the Tuesday before the show, will be open all 4 days, and is usually secured in the late evening (after dark Thursday and the tractor pulls Friday and Saturday). The glass display cases can easily be secured, either with screws or locks, and help with loading and unloading can be arranged as well.

There is bench seating along the wall or you can bring your own chairs. The building is centrally located so it's just a short walk to the steam building, craft building, flea market, parade track, first-aid center, food and porta-potties.

If there is enough interest, we can probably also get a steam table set up again in the steam building. That's something I really miss.

The showgrounds is right off US 19 just North of the village of Portersville, Pa. and minutes from I 79. Next year's dates (2013) will be August 1-4. Anybody willing to come 1 day, 2, 3 or all 4 is welcome, and gladly so. Exhibitor + 1 helper will be admitted free, but we can also make arrangements for a group as well, if you let us know in advance.

If you're interested or just have questions, please feel free to contact me at: [email protected]

Thanks!

It would be great to see more models in the Exhibit building , I get lonely in there all by myself.:D

I just flat out forgot about the show this year. I saw a few miniature engine there in the past but wasn't sure you wanted miniatures. I'll be at the next on!

Thanks EM! Let us know closer to the show how much space you think you'll need. And/Or shoot me an email and I'll send you a reminder next July!

A table and a half should do. As long as I'm in town I'll be there. I'm only down the road in Apollo. Maybe I can get my running mate to bring some of his miniature steam boat engines.

I used to go the the Portersville show many years ago. That's where I got the photos and dimensions for my 1" Case baler model. I'll bookmark the show for next year.
gbritnell

Allen
Just checked maps. 6 hour drive from here but I love road trips. Count me in.

As of the director's meeting on Nov 13th I'm now officially the "area head" for the building. --- Come Spring I'll be trying to identify and re-organize the shtuff that's in there and start refurbishing the display cases. I think I also got stuck with the job of hauling all the crap they store between shows in and out too. So if anybody willing to come over and be an unpaid dogsbody for a "bear with a sore a##" a few days before the show(s) you're welcome to come. :D

Meanwhile, thanks to those who've replied. I'll contact youse guys in July to get gate passes to those exhibitors who are able to come.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back