ICENI electro mechanical engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, I downloaded the drawings for an electro-mechanical engine by T P Goff who styles himself as ICENI Engineering Design Ltd. I thought they appeared on this forum, but after a quick search I cannot find them again.

Needing a break from my present project, I thought this little machine could be completed in a few days. A month or so later...

The design is fairly basic so I 'enhanced' the original shape somewhat, hoping to make it a bit more attractive. In order to reduce the air consumption, I changed the bore from 20mm down to 1/2". Most of the parts came out of the ready-use locker.

Anyway, herewith some pics of what I ended up with.
IMG_2506 (Medium).jpg
IMG_2505 (Medium).jpg
IMG_2507 (Medium).jpg

Being a very long stroke engine, it runs very slowly and so far I've got it to run on about 8 psi air pressure.

As the design was found on the internet somewhere, I'm sure that T P Goff would not mind his creation being shown to a wider audience, so I've attached the 2 sheets of drawings. If it violates sensitivities here, Moderators please remove them.
View attachment ICENI ELECTROMECH ENGINE - SHEET 1 OF 2.pdf
View attachment ICENI ELECTROMECH ENGINE - SHEET 2 OF 2.pdf

I've nicknamed the machine 'Sabrina' because to the warped mind, it has a certain likeness to the female form!

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Nice work:thumbup: Where in the world is West Cork? Never heard of it?

West Cork is the western part of Co.Cork in the Republic of Ireland. Any further west and the next stop would be New York!

Although the present population of the island of Ireland (which includes Ulster) is about 6 million, the number of people claiming to have Irish descent must make the Irish the largest population in the world after China and India. Well, it is a Catholic country which may have some bearing on it!

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Latest posts

Back