• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

IC Engine castings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

va4ngo

Reaction score
Hello all

I acquired these aluminium castings more than 30 years ago and have been sitting with me ever since They could be as old as 40 years not sure. I have since lost the plans for the complete engine machining details.
I would appreciate if you could identify these for me as I would like to do a trade.
I have a set of castings (8 total including spare cylinder head not shown) but no plans for these. I am considering a trade if possible for a set of steam engine castings as a trade for these Aero engine castings. The bore of this engine should be around 1" (25mm) Here are the dimensions of castings and there is ample room for machining
The castings appear very good quality and I made a copy of the cylinder head several years ago during a foundry course. My copy is nowhere the quality of original castings, you have a spare nonetheless.

Piston 27mm diam od has a shaped head
Head has seven fins and an offset blank area for plug which is approx 1/2" round. It also has a recess for shaped head.
Cylinder housing 60mm long x 49.5mm od
Bore of cast hole is 21.9mm ample room here to machine to 25mm
Crankcase base mounting plate measures 69 x 31mm
The assembled height of casting when achined will be around 4 1/4"
Exhaust port measures 1 3/8" x 1/4"

Actual weight of 8 castings is 550 gram
Total shipping weight of all castings will be 1Kg

If you have a suitable steam engine, or castings or part completed project for swap please let me know.

I am located in Melbourne Australia

Cheers
Phil

All comments are welcome

These are the photos

castings model aero engine 002.jpg

castings model aero engine 006.jpg

castings model aero engine 006.jpg

castings model aero engine 005.jpg

castings model aero engine 005.jpg

castings model aero engine 003.jpg

There is also a spare head casting included ( reproduced from original)

Back