IC engine 0,5cc or 0,8cc

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ertman176

Reaction score
Hello

I am looking for plans to build my first engine.

I found ACE 0,5cc interesting but it is diesel and IU. I found this motor https://shane.engineer/blog/two-stroke-engine-from-scratch as a source to improve it a bit but it is also IU.

Changing it give me a lot to do from scratch even that i found cad drawings...

At one pdf that we all know I found Clanford Clan that is metric but too small and also diesel and Satellitt but it is too big for my project, and diesel...

Any hints ?

I know that 0,5-0,8 is quite small head for IC plug but i dont need to worry about weight of engine

I have no idea what an IU is despite having built more than 40 model aircraft engines. There are not many small glowplug engines for home building so why not build what is known in the model world as a diesel. The Sparey 0.8 is a good starter and can be built without castings, or from a Hemingway casting kit. The best and easiest is the Midge by Mark Lubbock which is a bar stock engine which can be built either as 0.6cc or 0.8cc, also a diesel. Building a diesel and getting it to run is a test of your skill and very satisfying when it makes its first noise.
Ken

IU - possibly imperial units ?
Other than that i got nuthin !

If that is the issue it isn’t difficult to convert to metric and round up or down to the nearest metric size .
The engine I’m currently building is a bit of a basket case ! It has measurements in fractions, decimal,metric and uses threads in UNC,UNF ,METRIC , BAand ME so just to save what is left of my sanity i have used metric where i could !

Latest posts

Back