I Need a Moderator's Help

Help Support HMEM:

CFLBob

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
I was realizing that I hadn't heard from the forum in a few days, maybe a week. I got here today and found I was locked out of everything.

The forum told me that I couldn't post anywhere, unless I fixed my email, but that email address is fine. I still get my hundred pieces of junk mail every day (and maybe one or two I care about).

I went to an old, alternate email address that I have and it let me sign in.

How do I get this fixed?

Bob

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I'm confused. You say you are locked out of everything but you posted here. I have checked your account and all seems correct. So, I'm not sure what status your email is in, except it is fine here.

CFLBob

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
I was unable to do anything until I remembered I still had an old email that I rarely use. I switched to that. Until that point it was impossible to even ask for help.

The email that the HMEM system told me was bad has given no indications of not working. Judging by the amount of ads I get and the amount that my ISP puts in purgatory, I probably get 125 emails a day. Can I go back to using that address or will the system tell me that it's bad?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Change to the email you want. The system will send the validation email. If you don't get it within a few minutes of changing and saving, use the Contact Us so I can manually validate you. After that things should be okay.

CFLBob

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, Angie, I've gone back to the other email account, got the confirmation email, and confirmed it.

Is there a way to know why this happened in the first place? Is there any way I can keep it from happening again?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
There are a few emails that the mail server does not work well with unless we 'white list' them. I think your suffix is white listed now. If it happens again, I'll send it in for white listing.

tractor162003

Reaction score
I was realizing that I hadn't heard from the forum in a few month. I got here today and found I was locked out of everything.

The forum told me that I couldn't post anywhere, unless I fixed my email, but that email address is fine. I still get my hundred pieces of junk mail every day (and maybe one or two I care about).

After I read CFLBob post. I went and changed my email address to my wife Email address and it let me sign in.

How do I get this fixed? Can I just change it back to my email address?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I changed your email back to the version with your name. Then I put a glitch blocker on your account and so this should not happen again.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I know it's not many. And I try to find the ones that it might have happened to and check it out. But I guess your account snuck by me or happened after my last check.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know, I was checking to see if I had forgotten a trip he was taking. I have sent him an email to see if he's okay.

Latest posts