I love flea markets!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vederstein

Must do dumb things....
Reaction score
I liked this booth...

($40 for all)

...after some online research I found that new these pieces would have cost about $425. cool.......

DSC00944.jpg

Last edited:
$4 However, they don't have grease covers...

Oh No!!!!! 30 or so random bearings and they're not dust proof and all for 4 dollars? God forbid you paid too much!!! HOW DARE THEY!!!!!

(This is extreme sarcasm if you didn't figure it out.)

Great find.

...Ved.

If she finds a taig mill at a flea market, she should be crowned as the queen of flea markets.

Just this past weekend, picked up a Martin Model 3/10 scale John Deere 1 1/2HP engine kit, missing the block casting and plans $30, the flywheels are worth more than that.
http://www.martinmodel.com/MMPengines-subfiles/engines-deere.html

Also from same guy, 2 Starret micrometers, dial indicator, small tap holder, steel rulers and a couple other Starret pieces, $50, book price right at $700, all E condition.
He also had a fair amount of other Starret stuff, but nothing I could see myself using any time soon.
I love flea markets, too.:D
GUS

Another flea market find. Mitutoyo Model 7300 thickness gauge: $10. It's very clean and moves freely. It even has the cardboard sleeve. The calibration sticker is from 1987, so I wonder how old this thing is.

It seems to run for about $100 on Ebay.

DSC02266.JPG DSC02269.JPG
DSC02267.JPG

Not a flea market, but a yard sale this summer: $CAD20.00 for a $2000.00 Cameron precision micro drill press. It came without the clear plastic guard, so I had to order one, which, with exchange, shipping, and customs duty, cost about six times what I paid for the drill press....

The sacrifices we're called upon to make!

And the Guinness wasn't even included.

IMG_20180303_093907.jpg

Back