I knocked it off the bench

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lomaxmotorsports

Reaction score
:wall: well I have a lot more parts I want to make to replace some bought stuff but I got my first little engine where it would run, I was hooking up air to make a little video to show y'all and knocked it right off the bench! I broke my acrylic flywheel mount, I have stuff to make another but think I just may do it out of aluminium now.
3373_4473628357043_595068505_n.jpg

301130_4473626076986_245407459_n.jpg

Ouch. That hurts just seeing it :(
I'm sure you will get it going again soon though.

That is a good looking 1/2 of an acrylic flywheel mount tho.... :cool:

I've managed something like that more than once tripping over the airline driving the motor.

I feel your pain.

Ah well....

Ken

Sorry to see your mishap. Guess there is only one thing you can do. Have a break for a couple of days and then redo the broken parts and it will be even better than the original.

Vince

I feel for you my friend as i watched my 5" gauge chassis plus wheels as i caught it with my btm roll of the bench and hit the floor with a crash:eek::(:mad::eek::wall::rant:

Ken that is exactly what happened! I'm too hooked on this hobby to quit now sow I will get back in the shop and make another but I'm moving next week so it may be a while :(

Oops!
guess many of us have done something similar - the pain seem to me to be the thought of all the work and time spent then in a few seconds,????
Today I stripped the 5mm thread from a copper exhaust on a model. No sweat, jsut drill out the bad bit and redo. Yeah Right! :eek: Slipped and drilled through into the cylinder. Gr Oh well, I wondered what I was going to do tomorrow. ;)

I know you pain. I have just spent about sixteen hours making a wooden propeller for a rotary engine, had it running in a balance test and knocked it with some pliers and broke off one blade. Just going to the shop to buy another one.

and as well as that i spend that long on the floor on my knees looking for bits i have dropped or lost my good wife thinks i am getting religeon i suppose i might as well do something useful while i am down there

Back