I Have a Lot to Work on.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Besides the large number of steam engines to build I have almost 20 internal combustion engines to build. I purchased and was given numerous kits over the years when I had an income. I have sold some and others I have given away but I still have many years worth of projects to do.
Tim
2EC95C42-C417-49FE-B5E1-B6423FD5C374.jpeg

Well stop wasting your time on the forum and get making:D😄

I have seen so many retired people wanting to build something having the tools but not having the finances to purchase materials. Well it did not happen to me. I have even given kits away so they would have something to do. I have a 1-1/2” scale tractoin engine I have tried to give away a couple of times. They were afraid the they did not have enough time left.
Tim

And many casting kits are no longer available for any price.

Some of us resort to the backyard casting thing to recreated kits that are no longer available.

Material prices are pretty much out the roof these days.
I stocked up on aluminum, and bought a small amount of brass and bronze.
I have quite a bit of aluminum 356, and lots of scrap gray iron.

I bought foundry sand and binder too.

You should let us keep all those casting kits for you so that you don't overload your shop structure.
We promise we will only build a few of them.

I have thousands of pounds of metal upstairs to keep my roof from blowing away in a hurricane

Tim
This reminds me of the story of the African king who had a hobby of collecting ceremonial thrones which he stored in the roof of his hut. Eventually the weight of his collection caused the roof to collapse and the demise of the king - the moral is, people who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones.

Latest posts

Back