I am back

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joerom

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
A while back I was not doing too well and sold all my equiptment and castings and projects. I thought I was just tired of it all and did not want to do it anymore. When things creep up on you slowly you do not know what the actual problem is other than things are not right. As it turns out, I was in the hospital 3 times in the past year for various things that I did not even know I had problems with. Now I am back to my usual self and I miss this hobby and want to get to it again. I will not get in as deep because of all the expense in doing so and trying to replace all the stuff I had like tooling and castings and projects I was doing, but will do something maybe from barstock or the likes. I did get a Jet 1236 that I am in the process of cleaning and painting and I have a nice small grizzly mill. I will do what I can as I can and I am back here on HMEM...

Joe

Welcome back Joe!! I've had similar spells due to accidents and such. Sometimes life gets in the way! Rock on!!

A while back I was not doing too well and sold all my equiptment and castings and projects. I thought I was just tired of it all and did not want to do it anymore. When things creep up on you slowly you do not know what the actual problem is other than things are not right. As it turns out, I was in the hospital 3 times in the past year for various things that I did not even know I had problems with. Now I am back to my usual self and I miss this hobby and want to get to it again. I will not get in as deep because of all the expense in doing so and trying to replace all the stuff I had like tooling and castings and projects I was doing, but will do something maybe from barstock or the likes. I did get a Jet 1236 that I am in the process of cleaning and painting and I have a nice small grizzly mill. I will do what I can as I can and I am back here on HMEM...

Joe
Glad your back Joe. Last summer I was doing poorly myself .I made a list of my tools and Prices I hoped to get. I wanted to save my wife the pain of selling my tools. In the meantime I had a doctors appointment, routine six month checkup.
I was told to contact my cardiologist , as my heart beat was slower than it should be. I tested at 44 beats per minute at the primary care office.
Next week at the cardiologist office I tested at 36 betas per minute.
I was told that I needed a pacemaker. I suggested to the doctor that we wait til the chinese plague scare was over before having the pacemaker operation.
He said no, I would have you in the hospital this afternoon if I thought it was possible.
I went in the hospital two days later and the pacemaker was installed. Spent the night in the hospital and released at noon the next day.
I feel great now. I hope you are back fully and even better than before.
mike

Hi Mike,
Glad you are good again. Life can be a little scary sometimes and we just don't know where it will take us. It sounds like you were pretty lucky and everything was going your way, but it does give you pause doesn't it.......................

Even though we all don't know each other we are somewhat of a brotherhood. We feel each others pain and share in each others joy and excitement. Welcome back brother.

Hello Jeorom

Glad that you are feeling better and starting to get back into this great hobby. You will be far better off doing this and keeping your mind busy than just sitting around doing nothing. Just do what you can and take it day by day. If you don't feel like doing anything on a certain day, that's fine to. Do what you can.
I also have health issues and some days don't feel much like doing anything. Most of the time I feel way better to get out into the shop and do something.

Cheers
Willy

I agree, most days I feel better when I work. Sometimes I have to really push myself to get going, then i am glad I did. Other days I cant seem to get a rhythm going so I watch you tube vids.

Hello to all,
Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts. It really is appreciated and yes we are all brothers in this. This is one of the few hobbies where all the people are nice and I have had lots of hobbies. Maybe that is why I keep coming back to this. I have not met anyone I did not like. Thanks you all for making me feel welcome again.
I got some really good news today and that is that I am getting the CNC mill back that I made and showed my progress on its constuction here on the Forum. Also I will try to show what I am doing with the Jet lathe I just got. I have it all apart now. I don't have the funds I once had but am making do with what I can. I am trying to raise some cash to the things I would like and have been selling things I will never use. So I will have to move out of this part of the Forum and start doing something constructive..............
Joe

Glad your back and doing great, keep your mind and body busy, you probably like me worked all my life not retirement should be to do what we wanted to do when we were working long hours and sometimes seven days a week, I worked that way and on 25 hours call for 46 years, had some problems want to get rid of a bunch of machines but decided that was and could be a quick or impulsive decision and when I don't have a day that I am the best just go in the shop and tinker or clean, let's all never give up and never give in, appreciate you all for kindness and your knowledge, Joe G.

Back