Howdy

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobre

Reaction score
Greetings i am a metalsmith with a couple hundred projects going so ill be sure to add another dozen. I have many small engines that I love to look at. I have run the glowplug nitro and diesel compression engines. However I have a few spark ignition engines that have not run in decades that absolutely need to run again. I will have some time now to run them. I need to build simple bench top ignition system. I have extra 6v coil and condenser from 70s moped.

The brown Jr should be ok. I have not taken it all the way apart yet. I hear the points can slide out of tune fore & aft with every rotation of the propeller.

The g.h.q is pretty rough. I took it apart to clean it and inspect it. None of the mating surface are flat. The needle valve was broken off inside (I did get it out with 10x loupe). There is lead solder all over the carb intake. The connecting rod is..... looks like bubble gum.. Ill take it all apart again and take some pictures when the time comes. I hear they were never actually meant to run... just made to be sold. Haha. It will be fun to get it to run.

Ill also be turning a new hub and making somekind of ignition system for the string trimmer motor. I have about a 1/2 dozen of them from the trash. Might just get the chignition cdi but its on the back burner until spring.

With cold weather approaching and not being distracted by social obligations its as good time as any to dive into steam engine fabracation aswell.

Add a few more tires to the fire.

Attachments

• 20200824_142654.jpg
    20200824_142654.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 121
Back