Howdy, Y'all

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mark Kilgore here, in the hills west of Austin, Texas. I joined some time ago, but waited until retirement to participate much.

I don’t make models, but have always had tools and a bench. Just now, there’s a Myford Super 7 long bed, Clausing 8530 mill, South Bend 7” shaper, Powermatic bandsaw, Jet horizontal miter bandsaw, nice old Walker-Turner drill press, Milwaukee die filer and some smaller tools and grinders. When people ask, as they always do, “What do you make?”, my best answer so far has been “Whatever I want.” Or, “I make ideas in metal.” Sort of like a musician with an instrument, who might say “I make music.”

I make stuff for the family, tools for me, light gunsmithing, repairs, and so on. So, I’ll tend to hang out in the Tools and Tips area. Glad to be on board with a bunch of talented craftsmen.

Mark

Welcome aboard Mark.

It sounds like I'll be able to learn a lot from you.

I'm looking forward to your posts.

SAM

Hi Mark, glad you dropped in ............ enjoy retirement ;D

I'm sure you'll find plenty here to interest you, just feel free to join in wherever.

CC

Glad to have you onboard. Waco here. Just down the road. Ironman

Mark,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Well hello from Dry West Texas. I'm just down the road from NoTrees.

Gentlemen, thanks very much for your warm welcome, and the shout out from other Texicans. On balance, I expect to learn more than I contribute, but just sitting and listening in this sort of community is a comfort and a pleasure. Good on you all for creating such a place.

Mark

Hey Mark, welcome to HMEM. I live in Round Rock! Glad to see another local machinist. Are you a member of the Austin Metalworking club?

Chuck

Well, howdy back at ya - I'm down here in the soggy Rio Grande Valley outside of San Benito.

Latest posts

Back