How to post a picture.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I can post a photo from my desktop into a post as an attachment, using the "Additional Options" box.

I would like to know how to post a photo so that it appears directly in the post. (Not as an attachment).

A lot seem to do it this way. Seems better if two or three photo's are posted.

Thank you

Dave

Resize your picture to 800 x 600 pixels or smaller then upload to Photoshop.

Right click on your picture which will offer some options. Click on the IMG option near bottom to copy the image HTML code to the scratchpad. In your post press Ctrl-V to paste the image code into your text.

Use the Preview function to check that you've done what you intended to do.

Marv,

Thank you again.

Did you see my photo?

Good eh!

This looks complicated but let me have few goes first see where I get stuck ;D

Dave

Marv,

I have the photo in Photoshop, I've rt clicked and I do get a lot of options but not IMG. What does IMG stand for?

I did more luck than anything end up with the photo's web address.

Sorry Marv I'm lost.

Dave

Aah,

I think I may have caused some confusion - appologies all round.

I don't want the image code, I want the image, or in my case the photo.

Dave

Hi,

In the post reply page, there is a button named 'Insert Image' can I use that to insert a photo?

Dave

All I get is the url.

So I am doing something wrong, I haven't a clue what.

I try another day.

Thanks

Dave

Still battling, I think I should be copying something, but no idea what.

Can anyone help this poor old sod please.

Dave

Dave,
To insert a photo, the photo must be able to be accessed at a web site on the internet.

Marv said to upload it to Photoshop but I think he meant to type Photo Bucket, which is an image hosting site that many of us use. Some of the sites restrict the use by people that are not in the US. I think Photobucket can be used worldwide. You have to sign up and create an account, but everything is free.

Here is the link to Photobucket home page.
http://photobucket.com

This a link to my account.
http://s338.photobucket.com/albums/n404/NMSteam/

And here is an example of what gets pasted into your message.

Code:
[IMG]http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n404/NMSteam/Air%20Cooled%20Tiny/OilCup-1.jpg[/img]

And the result is
OilCup-1.jpg

Gail in NM

Hi Gail,

I did open account in Photoshop but could not find IMG.

Not a problem I will try Photobucket.

Click - drag - click would be nice especially for old sods like me - born in the dark ages.

Thank you -I'll give it a go ;D

Dave

Dave,
Here is a screen shot within an album in Photobucket.

I have rolled over the Heisler photo and that has produced the share/copy pull down menu below the thumbnail photo. The bottom item in the menu is the IMG code. Click that and it should flash briefly "copied".

With that information on your clipboard, in your message on HMEM paste it in using control V where you want the photo.

One thing to be aware of. Since this is a link to a photo that is not stored on HMEM, if the photo is removed from the external site, in this case Photobucket, it will no longer show in your post. Attached photos, as you have been doing, are stored on the HMEM server so that is not a concern.

Gail in NM

Photobucket Screen.JPG

Hi Gail,

Ah you don't get that IMG code in Photoshop - well I didn't :D

GailInNM said:
One thing to be aware of. Since this is a link to a photo that is not stored on HMEM, if the photo is removed from the external site, in this case Photobucket, it will no longer show in your post. Attached photos, as you have been doing, are stored on the HMEM server so that is not a concern.

Well that is interesting, I wondered why the photos had to be uploaded first. To me it is still a strange thing to do, but there again my computer knowledge is very limited.
I did so like my slide rule ;D

Thanks Gail

Dave

What a quaint looking boat! Do you have anymore info on it?
Brock

ShedBoy said:
What a quaint looking boat! Do you have anymore info on it?
Brock

No,it was on ebay.I was thinking about buying it until it got over 100 bucks.
Bkg6CCGkKGrHqUOKoYEztkBfBNCbpbzjw_3.jpg

I am trying to learn how to put photos on here,I see it is still to big. :(

Got it! ;D

crab

Let's see if mine works - uploading an avatar, that is. I had problems until I resized the picture...

HI strange things is tin bots my grand farther wood save tin cans up mace up a carved block of wood in the shape of a boat hull and cut the tin cans up and nale them to the wooden former to shape them and solder the tin plates together then he filed in the nale holes they where pawed by old gramophone clock work motes

Latest posts

Back