How to get back Issues MEW in the States

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdP

Reaction score
I'm in the United States and issue #217 of Model Engineers' Workshop magazine arrived damaged. I contacted the publisher who then sent issue #216. I don't know for sure if it was my error or theirs. I've tried just purchasing a replacement but they don't want to do business via email. I either have to call them, and my calling card does not allow international calls, or via mail. They said the back issues go quickly, so if I get my bank to issue a sterling check, mail it to them there is no guarantee an issue will even be available by then. Does anyone have any suggestions? Help!

Ed P

I just called my bank and asked if they could provide a check in pounds sterling and how much it would cost. The lady said "What's pounds sterling?"
Oh, boy...

Ed P

Which issue is #217

Sent from my iPhone using Model Engines

I am in Canada and had a similar problem a few months ago. I contacted the publisher via the online form at http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/contact/, received a very prompt response and a promise that a replacement issue would be sent out. A few days later the incorrect issue arrived in the post.

I contacted them once again, politely pointed out that they had dispatched the incorrect issue, and once again received a very prompt response, an apology and the correct issue mailed to me the same day. So if I was you, I would contact them again explaining that they had sent the incorrect issue. Unfortunately however if issue 217 is already sold out, all they can do is extend your subscription by an issue.

If you don't want to use a credit card for online purchases from myhobbystore, rather than going to the trouble and expense of a pounds sterling draft, they do accept PayPal, which is much faster and more importantly much cheaper than what the banks charge.
Clive

Forget using a check for international transactions, the fees are crazy on both ends. Use paypal, just one small fee and all the currency exchange issues are handled.

I subscribe to MEW and since #214 I have received 2 copies of each issue. Today two copies of #218 arrived in the mail. They are changing distribution services and seem to have something messed up.

I will be happy to mail any of these duplicates to a US address for a $5 paypal payment to include first class postage. Send me a PM if you want one.

Thanks for the offers and the information. I did a Google search and found a company that sells back issues, so I was able to order it.

EdP

Back