How on earth do I get in the [email protected]

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellow_cad

Reaction score
I have a Jet lathe that is a kissing cousin to the Emco V10 lathe and I would like to join that discussion group to work out a good switch/motor change as mine is giving problems. I applied months ago, but keep getting the prompt that my membership has yet to be approved. There is no reason for them not to approve it and I don't see a way to email a moderator. Thanks for any help on this. Jim

I have a Jet lathe that is a kissing cousin to the Emco V10 lathe and I would like to join that discussion group to work out a good switch/motor change as mine is giving problems. I applied months ago, but keep getting the prompt that my membership has yet to be approved. There is no reason for them not to approve it and I don't see a way to email a moderator. Thanks for any help on this. Jim
The problem the owner is not there for some reason.
Some groups.io groups / yahoo will live for ever without the owner but owner has approve a new member it does not happen.

How about post here with photos and we can help you.
I can help with most switch.

Dave

Thanks Dave. My post must have worked as today I received a very nice email from the moderator of the Emco board.

I have posted my issues that still remain on this board in the not to distant past. If you do a search of yellow_cad you will find my posts all on this same subject of trying to sort through motor and switch problems. After those posts, my motor now runs, but only after I give it a spin to get it started.

Hi Jim, I don't know this lathe, not the motor, nor controls. Perhaps when starting a new thread you can do a couple of sentences of background, so we don't have to search the archives to help your problem? - I once had an OLD lathe (1950s, Myford ML3) powered by a 1.5HP. single-phase motor with a clutch (from an industrial sewing machine). That needed a spin to start it up, as the capacitor on one of the windings (called the "starting capacitor") was "dead". After fitting a capacitor from an old industrial fluorescent fitting, it self-started.
So I GUESS something is U/S in your motor control system... ?
K2

Hello Yellow Cad

I am the owner of that Group and it is very active with 1275 members and has two moderators in addition to myself who vet the new members.

I can promise you there is only one pending member and their application was on the 19th May and a welcome email was sent to them to which they have to reply to.

Please apply again and use a proper to introduce yourself.

Thanks

Barrie

Latest posts

Back