How is this possible.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I apologise as my poor sight is unable for me to enjoy the visdeos.

What we wend to miss out is what the orinnal bolts were made from.
They were actually forged from 'wrought iron' `nd not steel.
My father appears to have been apprecticshipped( Is that a word?) to a coach - proper coach builder from the age of 12 and used to talk about things like lancewood- whatever that that was. Be that as it may he was a blacksmith farrier at 17 and after setting fire to an unwilling Army cart horse on the Isle of Anglesey inn North Wales-- land of the Great Telford and bridges, taught pntoon b ridge building across the Menai Straits. So he sort of dodged a Great War-- but sent others to be killed. Anglesey is where one of the Megalthic Yard thing preceded- just aboout everything and used the Planet Venus. I idigress but there things still in Cumbria called Beehive ovens.
Of course square studs in wrought iron were nailed. into keep and castle doors. It's not new unless less you regard that great armourer :eoardo Da Vinci is one of the Moderns of the Middle Ages.
You see steel is - as we regard it today- is quite recent.
Steel was made by hammering out and folding orinally castiron, then wrought iron and then adding carbob like making a Swiss Roll. The story- I've told it before- was German Emigres from Solingen making swords locally here and the steel could be wound into a gentleman's top hat..
Tempering as far as I can recall wasthe and the tank was urinated- as needs arose.
I was the little virgin lad as decreed to add to the mix but I was not ginger haied and did my best

Norman

It may be because it has been used for a long time, so the machine will wear out. Some parts will cause a decrease in accuracy due to friction.

It may be because it has been used for a long time, so the machine will wear out. Some parts will cause a decrease in accuracy due to friction.
Btw, my laser engraving which I bought from OMT three years ago, still works well.

Back