How hot is for you

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmithDoor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
How hot is for you to work or live
Today we are having a cool down to 109°F [ 43°C ]:mad::fan:
It was only 110° F [43.5°C ]:eek:

Dave

Anything over about 47 C and I can only do an hour or two in the shed before I need a break, or at least keep wetting my shirt and standing in front of the fan. When it gets over 50 C in the shed I don't even bother - it's only a hobby after all...

Today was cloudy and windy. Sunrise 5:05am, Sunset 10:06pm, High 21C and an overnight low of 9C (ya it’s summer). Tomorrow is supposed to sunny and 29C with an overnight low of 14C so a nice long day and cool enough overnight to sleep. Got to love Alberta weather, “If you don’t like it, just wait a minute”.

I spent about $600 last year on a couple of rolls of that silver foil bubble wrap insulation and put it under the roof and inside the two "sunny side" walls of my shed. Dropped the workshop temp from 40+ degrees C to 32 degrees. Beautiful. Best money I ever spent.

Mid winter here. Sunny and 18 degrees C Still waiting for the rain to come.

I live in South West Victoria and we have forecast weather fort the next week at either 13 or 14, just take your pick. Norm

Back