How do I order inserts for this?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Wescott

Reaction score
I have this bit set, it says "uses TT inserts", and "3/8 inch inscribed circle". But that's it.

But when I search for "TT insert" I don't find anything (except that bit set). I did find this useful page that seems to indicate that I can maybe work out the inscribed circle.

Can I just get anything with a screw hole and a 3/8" inscribed circle, and know it'll work?

Hi Tim
If you scroll to the bottom of the page you linked to, there are some TT321 inserts from interstate.
TT321 is a very common size. Try your search again with the 321.

Scott

Thanks! I was getting nothing with "TT insert"; TT321 makes all the difference.

Careful, if you click on the "more info in catalogue" link that gives different codes for "Borite brand only"

Pretty much any TPxT321 insert will work, they have an 11 degree relief angle and are single sided with a chipbreaker and a Ø.15 countersunk hole. The difference seems to be that the TT inserts have a small chipbreaker for very light cuts. Frankly though, unless you have a specific application where those tools are needed, you can make the holders a lot cheaper than what MSC/Borite wants, there are sets with 10 extra inserts on eBay for $65

Latest posts

Back