How can I find a good home for my father's steam engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW.... I don’t know the specifics of the different gauges, but since I see zip-ties holding the wheels to the track... I doubt this is something to have people ride behind. It looks like it could easily fit on/in a display case. Beautiful work there. I’d say it’s a keeper.

Hello Richard
I live in Cardiff and a member of the Cardiff M E S mentioned. We would be more than willing to advise you. It looks to me like it's a 2 1/2 inch guage loco, is there a tender to go with it. Without certificates for a boiler test the value reduces, there would be many people on fleebay looking for a bargain and to knock you down. I personally hope that after my demise my locos, petrol and steam engines will be appreciated by my family however I have my doubts I just hope they don't end up in the dump.
Brian

Beautiful engine! Lot's of good inputs here. Let me add a recommendation of someone I follow on YouTube: Keith Appleton. He is an avid steam engine builder/refurbisher/collector in th UK (London I think so not terribly far from you).

Keith Appleton YouTube

PM me if you are interested in his email.

Last edited:
Back