Horizontal Mill Engine From Kit

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great little engine Zee. You sure have advanced out of the "newbie" group.

Got one problem though. It is Christmas season and all kinds of nice Christmas music, but that dang happy dance song is still running through my head for the last three days. Haven't heard that song since I was a kid and that was a long time ago.

Looking forward to your next project.

Wow, what an awesome ride. Read every post from beginning to end. th_wav

Congrats ZEE to a great engine and thanx for everything I learnt.

Soon I might have enough courage to start my first engine! :hDe:

Merry Christmas Everyone from a very sunny South Africa
Wagner

Hi Wagner - Welcome to HMEM!

Zee did a great job ;D - and there is a lot to learn for everyone :)

Please do give us an introduction about yourself on the Welcome thread :)
And don't be bashful or discouraged about starting an engine; - just DO IT - you won't regret it!

Whereabouts are you from in RSA ?

A merry Christmas to you too as well
from your neighbour, Arnold
(In the equally sunny Namibia!)

GREAT JOB ZEE !! :bow: :bow:
th_wav th_wav

Love reading about your trials and triumphs and ultimate success :)

I had started that engine a few years ago, then quickly decided I bit off more then I could chew in a semester's time while taking a machining class. I opted for a simpler horizontal mill engine (Rudy K. design) with fewer parts and got that running sucessfully.

This one is still on my list to build !!

Mike

Thank you very much putputman, Arnold, Mike, and Bob.

Welcome to the forum Wagner and thank you for putting your first post here.

Still a lot to learn...there was a recent post on a Stirling piston test in water (sorry for not looking it up)...and just read Arnold's post on getting good torque at low PSI. That's an area I need a lot of improvement. The mill engine runs but I think there's a lot of 'blow by'?....very easy to stop the engine with a little pressure on the flywheel. But I have no idea what to expect anyway.

Thanks again.

Very nice job
on your engine, you machined some intricate parts, that look like you've done this for years.

On a side note, if you have to deviate for a time, making a jig or fixture, to continue with the original project,
look at it as another part of the overall project, because this hobby is about the enjoyment of machining parts,
and jigs and fixtures, are little machining projects in themselves,
plus the added benefit of the enjoyment of seeing these little projects perform, in making acurate parts, which is just as enjoyable as the running engine itself.

But this is not anything new that I'm sure you have already learned from this build.

Again keep up the good work....

Have a great day. :)

Merry Christmas.
God Bless...

Outstanding Zee! goody for you buddy you did it!

th_wav

Dave

Zee, I got through this thread finally and what do I find.....possibly one of the most creative entertaining and enjoyable videos I have ever gazed my eyes upon.

Thank you for going the extra mile.

Kel

Thanks very much Kel. Very much appreciated.

I also see some posts since my last one...

Thank you hobby, Dave, and Erdem.

Back