Homeshopmachinist down?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankshafter

Reaction score
Is there any who have access to the Homeshopmachinist forum. I have had no connection to the site for a couple of days. Is it only me ??? ???

CS

I've had decent connection, CS.

The new host (what is called a "virtual machine") has been rebooting itself every few days, about once a week depending on server load. It has to do with a bug in the PHP plug-in module for the web server.

Perhaps that is what you've experienced. The VM reboots very quickly, so just try again in a minute or two. I know, it's annoying as hell and I can't say that I'm completely satisfied with the new machine.

Yeah, I had noticed that... ;D

What I meant was the next time you are experiencing a problem, just try again after a few minutes.

It's funny, I just got home and had an email about your reply, when I logged in to read it the server was in the process of rebooting so I got the "connection timed out" error. Of course, I'm the one that gets to panic when I see those screens because I have to find out if it's just the reboot process doing it's thing or did it have a hard crash. That couple minutes seems like forever.

Doubly odd that it would take just this moment, when reading this thread, to do that stupid reboot.

About ten days ago HomeShopMachinist was down for about three days because of server failure. When they got back up. George said that they were struggling with a makeshift server and hoped to have new equipment by this just past weekend

I have been able to get in most days, but I just tried five minutes ago and didn't get in so they may be setting up the new equipment.

Whoops! Hey! I just noticed this was about HSM.

Crap! I thought you were talking about us!

Sorry, my confusion.

We have had intermittent issues with our new server, as well, and I didn't read the name fully, just saw the "home" and "machinist".

Ok, I'll leave this as is before I really embarrass myself...

Feeling guilty about something there kevin? ;)

Not guilty, except maybe being overworked and tired and not paying attention to details... ;D
And not having the time to tweak out our new server here at HMEM.

More crap hit the turbine today at work. Bet it lands in my lap. Again.
Even though it has nothing to do with me.
Somebody forgot to include a backup plan for some MS SQL servers. I don't do Windoze crap, so it ain't my problem.
They want to shove 4.5TB of data backup into my tape library every day. Ain't gonna happen.

I don't look there on a regular basis anymore,I got sick of the flaming wars that seemed to be de rigeur.I tried just now,and didn't get through.

I don't do Windoze crap

Amen brother. Linux and Macs here. I stopped using Winders more than 10 years ago.

I don't miss the IT world... Although I may have to dip my nose back into that for a job. Being unemployed sucks.

Latest posts

Back