homemade grinder tool rest

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muy Bien!

Some time back, I bought the Veritas rest which is fine, then I bought the Acute tool and cutter plans from Eccentric Engineering which has a similar rest but can be more easily locked with Bristol clamps.

What came out of the plans was a simple little jig to set- almost automatically, the angles for tool bits. I have already suggested the maths for this in earlier posts but whether anyone has got around to actual reading and then DOING it is one big imponderable.

What appears here is the ability to slide lathe and end/slot drills by adding a pair of holders similar to the one designed by Arnold Throp of Dore Engineering and was sold as castings by Ivan Law as the Kennet

It is far easier to set up than the Quorn- or so Mr Throp mentioned to me at an exhibition

Cheers/Salud

N

Parabens. Se tivesse algumas legendas em ingles talvez ajudasse os nossos amigos anglo-saxonicos. Abraco.
Nice tool improvement by our friend of Brasil.

Dear friends Muutor, Tad and goldstar31, thanks for yours coments

( obrigado pelos comentários amigos)

Celso Ari
from Brazil

Pleased to help!

Two points are probably constructive.

The first is that you could continue on your work tables with the Eccentric Acute tool grinder.

The second is that Arnold Throp put an additional slide on top of the grinding rests and then added a choice of three work holders to do,
1. lathe tools
2. ends of end mills
3. grind slitting saws

His design was called the Kennet.

This is no longer available but could easily be copied in much the same way as the Worden which is available as a kit or kits from Hemingwaykits in England.

Apart from this--do you have a better choice of music, please?

I hope this adds to your information.

Norman

Very nice grinding rest, having just got a grinder up and running I could do with something like that myself. Loved the video too, nicely edited ;)

Very nice grinding rest, having just got a grinder up and running I could do with something like that myself. Loved the video too, nicely edited ;)

Probably getting a cheap secondhand arc welder and learning how to use it would really extend what can be done with limited tools.

I may only use my MIG( Metallic Inert Gas welder using the Active gas technique) welder once in a blue moon but I'd be lost without mine.

( we must get together when the weather gets warmer, eh?)

Cheers

Norm

Back