Home made foundry question

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was self employed for over 30 years and safety was top list. Only one had 3 stitch but he not follow the safety rules

Today I down size a foundry to only pour 6 lb of aluminum and 12 lb of brass

Dave

Dave
That is the way it should be every time even when mishaps happen like in the video. I believe they were pouring a lot of metal and it looked like no one was injured. If you are in tune with everything we all get to go home.
Nelson

Nelson my feathers are not really ruffled , there is risk in foundry work but we take what precautions we can to make the risk acceptable.
I feel more at risk driving on the motorway (freeway) than pouring a crucible of molten bronze , this is not because of my lack of experience as a driver , I have driven hundreds of thousands of miles , but I cannot account for the experience , or lack of , for the people I am sharing the road with.
In my foundry I am responsible for every aspect of the process and am in control , an accident , by definition of the word , is still possible but the odds are in my favour because of the precautions taken.
This doesn't mean I haven't had mishaps but the damage caused by them has been mitigated by the precautions.
Dan.

Ok risks acknowledged. What I want to know is if the comment about Aluminum bronze is accurate. That is if isn’t ideal for model engineering. I ask because bronze would look nice on s flywheel I r even an engine body.

Latest posts

Back