Home Casting Video

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobra428

Reaction score
I found this on U Tube

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYZOTt9zTv0[/ame]

Tony

Diymania,
Yep, I thought it was a pretty good intro to casting for the non casters. I think I'd rather just buy a set. Hats off to the guys who do it. But it's not my cup of tea.
Tony

I meant to put this in my first post. He puts in a core that looks to be cast iron. Closes the mold, pours, removes from the sand. Now you have iron wrapped with aluminum??? Whats next???
Any casting guys please help with my ignorance. I design plastic injection molds for the past ....years at the job. I'm just not scratch.gif :shrug:.
Tony

Diymania,
Thank you my friend. I thought I was going crazy. So, thats why it didn't fall apart with the rest of the sand.
Tony

Great videos. Been there and done that. It's a lot of work, but when you have more time than money, it's well worth the effort.

Chuck

cfellows,
I would burn the house down if I tried that :big:
Tony

Very nice set of DIY video's ! I did a little bit of AL casting in a class at the local community college, so can easily follow along with what he's doing. Very cool !!

Very informative.
I saw someone use a core made with cooking molassas and sand. (im not sure the process, it was ready when I got there)
It worked great but the smell was almost unbearable.
-B-

This post has cost me quite a bit! Both time and money :mad:

When I watched the video and checked the availability of his choice of furnace lining I plunged into a project I have wanted to do for more than 18 months. I will post a separate thread of my build not to hijack yours though.

It has not been without its problems but over the weekend I hope to have made the biggest part of the furnace and then I will be ;D So in the end its a big thanks to you for the video.

MM

as a 'caster' of molten metal I thoroughly enjoyed the series. He is a talented man (I think anyway).

ChooChooMike, Krown Kustoms, Metal Mickey, Artie,
Glad you enjoyed it. Once and awhile I'm good for something. I think the metal casting thing goes back to our childhood's. I was more of a swing and monkey bar kind of guy but not to keen on the sand box.

Tony

Latest posts

Back