Home built pistol

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built a 12 gauge shotgun pistol once it had a 4" long barrel. At a distance of about 20 ft it had a pattern the size of a garage door. LOL. It was fun to shoot but good for nothing. I had a lot of fun letting other people shoot it.

The only gun I have now is a very nice quality pellet rifle with a 4X scope I can shoot a dime at 100 ft.

I built a BB machine gun about 30 years ago it held about 4000 BBs it was not a gatling gun. I ran it on an air compressor 5 psi to 150 psi. It shot about 1000 BBs per minute. At 100 psi it would shoot threw, aluminum cans, plastic bottles, cardboard, break glass bottles. I took it to work boss had us set up targets he had fun shooting all the targets then 8000 BBs were stuck in the walls. LOL. We set up targets at home with a tarp hanging at about 15 degree angle to catch and funnel BBs to a 5 gallon bucket next to the shooter so we could reuse the same BBs over and over. I sold that BB gun on Ebay. I built 3 different type BBs guns it took a few testes to learn how to make each gun work.
That’s a great idea, I like BB guns, pellet guns etc. The attached picture is my own creation. It’s a non firing 22 cal pistol. I would just need to add a firing pin to make this a working pistol but it’s a prototype and just made for practice machining since I’m a newbie green as grass.

Attachments

• IMG_1034.jpeg
    IMG_1034.jpeg
    1,006.2 KB · Views: 2
I thought that would join the crowd and add a picture of my home built pistol. However, the one I made didn't involve any real machining, just assembled from parts I bought. I made this pistol 60 (+/-) years ago when I was in either middle school or high school, can't remember exactly when. It uses the typical percussion caps and shoots a 50 cal lead ball. I last fired it last Summer when showing it to my grandson. Lately I have been using homemade gunpowder I mixed up from potassium nitrate, sulfur, and charcoal.

I keep it in a case I designed and 3D printed with an acrylic front for easy removal.
percussion pistol.jpg

Isn't it an internal combustion engine with disposable pistons?
I believe the correct modern technical term today is "wireless hole puncher" ;-D

If you want to see some real old school skill you should check out Gunsmith of Williamsburg (with Wallace Guslar Master Gunsmith) 1969 on Youtube. It starts off with him firing what he has created from scratch then goes on to show him creating it. He makes EVERYTHING. It is a joy to watch and you will see some real old school machining techniques, It is a fabulous movie to watch and miraculous to see what enterprising individuals can do with modest means. True art!

Back