Holt tractor By newbie

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modelbuff

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to HMEM. I have been an active builder for over 40 years. I am currently building a 1/8 scale model of a 1918 Holt 75 tractor. The engine castings are from Coles and the tractor is scratch built.

P1000600.JPG

modelbuff

Welcome to HMEM. That is a really good looking bit of work. I'm not at all familiar with Holt tractors, so please do continue to post pics of your progress. If you've been building for over 40 years, you must have LOTS of other projects to share as well ;D..... (we all like pictures here!)

Cheers, Joe

modelbuff,

Firstly, Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Joed is spot on that is a really good looking model you are building. Is that a Fairbanks Morse engine sitting in there as the power plant. ???

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome to HMEM modelbuff

Nice work there!

Rick

Bob the engine is an 1/8 scale of the Holt 75 horsepower engine used in the tractors back in 1918. Coles Power models in Texas sells the castings for the engine.

Now that my friends is SWEEEEET!

Welcome!

Dave
:bow:

MB
If you like, I'll have to look through my photos, but I'm pretty sure there is a full sized version of this tractor located in NC. Ken Eder is a collector with a wide range of very old tractors and I think I saw that one of these in one of his sheds.

Steve

Some time back in the mid 90"s while we were at car show in Jerome, Idaho a guy unloaded one of those tractors from a big lowboy truck and drove it into the park where the show was. I will have to go back through my videos and see if I can find the pictures I took of it.. Big old, noisy thing that made ground shake.
That is a great looking model your building.
Mel

welcome,

great work!

how long have you been working on that bad boy?

To Bob W, yes My name is Clif Roemmich, I attached more pictures.

To Kustom MKB, I started this project on October 26th last year.

P1000603.JPG

I am not sure how to post multiple pictures? Please advise

Sent you a PM regarding posting pictures.

Welcome to the club! Outstanding model

Eric

modelbuff said:
Bob the engine is an 1/8 scale of the Holt 75 horsepower engine used in the tractors back in 1918. Coles Power models in Texas sells the castings for the engine.

Thanks for that :bow:, just gone on my list of things to do. (I sure hope the fella upstairs agrees with me ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Thats fantastic looking work! and you really work fast!, it would probably take me 10 years to make something like that!

Giles

Latest posts

Back