Hoglet carburetor

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all - thanks for all the help and suggestions.
I've made various tweaks and got the engine running.
See video:

I am not certain to which carburetor to which you refer. The Hoglet never did have a specific carburetor because Randy thought everyone was like him and would just naturally know what to do/use. Here is Dave Bowes take on a carburetor.
Pages from MEB Issue 11-Dave Bowes on Carburetors_Page_1.jpg
Pages from MEB Issue 11-Dave Bowes on Carburetors_Page_2.jpg

I am not certain to which carburetor to which you refer. The Hoglet never did have a specific carburetor because Randy thought everyone was like him and would just naturally know what to do/use. Here is Dave Bowes take on a carburetor.View attachment 131821View attachment 131822
Many thanks for the info about these carbs. I run all my engines on propane which complicates the carbs performance.
Harvey

Harvey's latest message has just reminded me to update this thread!
I decided to make a Jerry Howell 2-Jet carb. There are two designs and I decided to opt for the one suitable for the Howell v-twin engine - because that is the next engine I hope to make. Not the best design for the Hoglet as access to one of the jet screws is a bit restricted. However it works well after a bit of tweaking.
I've attached a link to a video showing the first test run - some 15 mins into the video. I also made a video series of making the Howell 2-Jet carb - which might be of interest to others.
Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Back