Hodgson 9 Cylinder Radial

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makila

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
A very long time ago a Harvard training aircraft fly into our local airfield. The sound and appearance of the PW 1340 radial engine must have made an impression as I decided at that moment to go into aviation as a career. Well, the aviation industry did me well as a career, nearly 30 years passed but never laid hands on a radial, just a thousand gas turbines whining away. I never forgot that radial and, by chance, I saw an advert for a model radial plan with 9 cylinders. I bought the plans, just to satisfy my interest in radials, but within an hour of opening messr's Hodgson's package, I was on the phone making inquiries about buying a lathe, mill and a rotating able etc, all new stuff to me.

So, here we are, about 6 months in and progress is a careful step at a time, making sure I understand each part of the plans, even made a couple of mods here and there as my confidence and skills increase.

cimg2592.jpg

cimg2574.jpg

cimg2578.jpg

cimg2572.jpg

cimg2591.jpg

Latest posts

Back