HobbyCNC ???

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just built the 4 axis "pro" board a few months ago. Took about 2 hours to complete. Just followed the directions and everything worked fine. The only thing that needs to be done is making a heat sink that is nothing more than a 1/8" X 2" piece of aluminum about 9 inches long with 8 holes in it.

I would do it again!!

Steve: Thanks for the reply I was browsing the site while doing the what is needed for cnc thread want to give options. I went with the G540 myself and love it but admit 3 x the cost of the one you built.
Good to hear it is a viable option for folks and maybe even myself in the future.
Seems odd that the site mentions several sale prices that are all expired. But a lot of the business that support this hobby are one man band affairs.
the the only one I have heard dubious reports on is the Xlotek board rated @IIRC 24 volts and do not put 25 to it lest you release the magic smoke but I have talked to folks that have used them with success as well.
Tin

Back