Help Support HMEM:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Good afternoon.
There is a software update happening today and it will take the forum off for approximately 2 hours.

When we come back, clear your cookies for this forum and type in the forum name, and you should be able to log in and continue on as usual.

If there are any issues, use the Contact Us in the bottom right corner to send me a message.

Cogsy

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Good afternoon.
There is a software update happening today and it will take the forum off for approximately 2 hours.

When we come back, clear your cookies for this forum and type in the forum name, and you should be able to log in and continue on as usual.

If there are any issues, use the Contact Us in the bottom right corner to send me a message.
Since the update I have been unable to log in on Chrome and had huge amounts of trouble logging in using Edge (shudder). I can't reset my password using Chrome (it just hangs) and if I try to use my existing password it seems to accept it but returns me to the home page without logging me in. Looking at the few new posts I'm wondering if it's a widespread problem or if it's just me.

mayhugh1

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
I don't seem to be having any problems logging in or reading posts with my ipad. I was also able to log in on my XP shop computer with Chrome, and I tried a test post with a photo upload which seemed like it would work if I had let it. - Terry

delalio

Reaction score
All seems to be good from my end. Just went into chrome and it all loaded as normal! :)

driller1432

HMEM Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Can’t log in thru mobile app either

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Since the update I have been unable to log in on Chrome and had huge amounts of trouble logging in using Edge (shudder). I can't reset my password using Chrome (it just hangs) and if I try to use my existing password it seems to accept it but returns me to the home page without logging me in. Looking at the few new posts I'm wondering if it's a widespread problem or if it's just me.
Clear your cookies for this forum, then try logging in again. Also, today should be better as all the internet has accepted the changes.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Can’t log in thru mobile app either
The App was discontinued earlier this week. You should try the mobile browser on your phone or tablet. Just open up the browser and type in the forum address. Then log in.

Ghosty

Reaction score
I'm using Chrome, and have to log in every time I visit the site and yes I have checked the keep me logged in box, other than that it seams to be working OK.

Cogsy

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I've managed to get back in through Chrome but it took a while. After a thorough cookie clean out I had what Minh was getting with the 'security issue' but a restart of the browser solved that. I've shut down and reloaded Chrome a couple of times and stayed logged in as well so I'm guessing most problems are still due to old cookies.

awake

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
The App was discontinued earlier this week. You should try the mobile browser on your phone or tablet. Just open up the browser and type in the forum address. Then log in.
When you say "app," are you referring to Tapatalk? I used to be able to access the forum via Tapatalk, but can't seem to get it to connect after the software update.

Angie, thanks for all your work on the forum - it can be a thankless job, and you tend to hear about it only when things don't work. So, THANK YOU! for a great forum. It has taught me a lot!

awake

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
And a follow-up - as I added a new post to my build log just now, when I tried to go back and tweak something, I was not able to edit. At first the post showed up, ready to edit, but as soon as I tried to move the cursor, it all disappeared and nothing I could think of brought any of it back. Fortunately when I cancelled, the original post was still there.

No doubt some minor tweak needed in the new software, and it may have to do with using in-line pictures - or not - ??

petertha

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still having to log in every time. In Chrome is there a way to clear cookies to (this) specific site only? Otherwise looks like all settings would have to be reset.
I thought in the past I encountered another settings page where each app was identified, but maybe that was auto-fill in settings?

Attachments

dnalot

Project of the Month Winner !!!
HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
I am using Chrome on Win 10. Deleted cookies, rebooted, still not staying signed in.

Mark T

Cogsy

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I'm still having to log in every time. In Chrome is there a way to clear cookies to (this) specific site only? Otherwise looks like all settings would have to be reset.
I thought in the past I encountered another settings page where each app was identified, but maybe that was auto-fill in settings?

I am using Chrome on Win 10. Deleted cookies, rebooted, still not staying signed in.

Mark T
I did a partial cookie removal from Chrome and had no joy but a site specific removal worked for me. To do this, go to Chrome settings then click on 'Privacy and security'. From there select 'Site settings' and from the next page click on 'View permissions and data stored across sites'. There is a search box on that page and as you start typing in the HMEM address it should auto propagate the list and show you the site. Once you select the site it will show you all data and give the option to clear it all. Once I did that it went back to working fine. Good luck!

Technical Ted

Reaction score
I did a partial cookie removal from Chrome and had no joy but a site specific removal worked for me. To do this, go to Chrome settings then click on 'Privacy and security'. From there select 'Site settings' and from the next page click on 'View permissions and data stored across sites'. There is a search box on that page and as you start typing in the HMEM address it should auto propagate the list and show you the site. Once you select the site it will show you all data and give the option to clear it all. Once I did that it went back to working fine. Good luck!
I followed these instructions with Chrome and all seems to be working fine now...

Good luck,
Ted

deverett

deverett
HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
I use Pale Moon browser with Win 7.
The only way I could log in was to click on Angie's name in a private window.
If I went then back to the normal page, I had to log in again but couldn't, so here I am through the back door, so to speak from Angie's name.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

petertha

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Cogsy, your steps seem to have worked for me. I've had this same issue before so I took some screen grabs for future reference or if it helps anyone else here. Note, you may have to be logged off the site while doing this in the Chrome settings tab, but not 100% sure.

Attachments

Peter Twissell

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
The chrome instructions worked for me too, thanks.
And thanks to Angie for keeping the site running. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is grateful for this channel into the outside world while confined at home.