Hit me - Miss me?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C.O.R.

translation

Carry On Regardless!..........just making sure your cardiologist understood.... ;D

You bet your lilly white )(*&@& it's going to run! woohoo1

Dave

steamer said:
C.O.R.

translation

Carry On Regardless!..........just making sure your cardiologist understood.... ;D

You bet your lilly white )(*&@& it's going to run! woohoo1

Dave

A couple of things about COR

In Oz it stood for Commonwealth Oil Refineries which were subsequently part of the BP group.

Also there was an Australian whiskey called Corio.............for those who partook, it was known as COR 10 which was a pretty accurate description of taste and lubricity.

Best Regards
Bob

Well I can certainly understand why it would take some COR to COR.... ;D

Dave

I remember Corio! Didn't they used top make it out of metho and brown boot polish?

tel said:
I remember Corio! Didn't they used top make it out of metho and brown boot polish?

That was the high quality stuff which came with a label and a proper cork IIRCC ;)

Best Regards
Bob

I'm with Graham. MANDATORY.

I remember when this thread started.
I want to remember its end.
The end is memorable too.

;D

:eek:yes, I think most of us that have been watching with a very healthy interest in how the engine was made and how the challenges were overcome, I feel most or all of us would agree that you are a very talented engineer with an extremely keen eye for detail and a view in your minds eye on how it will look in completed form.

I have been following this with a very keen eagerness to see and hear it run.
many thanks for showing us your build and in doing so I for one have learned so much from your very instructive dialog. :bow: :bow: th_confused0052
Cheers
Graham

Zee and Graham,

Thanks guys for your kind words and support. :bow: :bow:

On Thursday I had a trial assembly and the bad news is :

1. A water leak which I suspect is associated with one of the bottom cylinder mounting bolts.

2. There is more compression after a feed of Brussel Sprouts than the engine has. :eek:

I feel the need to remove the valves and cage them.

I hope nobody is holding their breath. ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Bob
few minor teething problems Mate, sounds like u are on the home stretch now :bow:
I'll just pull up a chair, I don't hold my breath that well :big:
Pete

Bob

You need to learn management-speak, apparently there are no such things as problems, they are opportunities. You just have a few opportunities ::) ::) ::)

Hi Pete,

Thanks for stopping by and your support. :bow:

gjn said:
Bob

You need to learn management-speak, apparently there are no such things as problems, they are opportunities. You just have a few opportunities ::) ::) ::)

Hi Gavin,

I once went for a job interview. About half way through, I realized they were playing with me and just going through the motions IAW departmental policy, and the successful applicant had been preselected. So, when they asked me did I have any questions...........I asked "What performance targets have been set?" "Oh," said the head poobar of the panel, "We don't have targets, we have outcomes." "I'm sure you do," I replied. "But are they desirable outcomes!"

After a hostile glare from the head poobar.............. "Thank you for your time, Bob, we'll be in touch."

Needless to say I did not get the job. :eek:

At the moment my opportunity is designing the valve cages with my CAD program.

HitMissHead_Valves.jpg

Best Regards
Bob

Well, my foray into valve cages was short lived :eek:

The cage interfered with the sparkplug so guess who's making a new head ;D Not to mention a quick mod to the sparkplug body

Best Regards
Bob

Damn don't ya just hate it when that happens, still, "nothing ventured....." :-\
(but i will steal your cage design if you don't mind Thm:)
Cheers
Graham ;D

Don't tell me that Murphy has let the chinaman move in under the mill table as well :mad:
It would be nice if you could catch a break sometime soon.
Chin up mate we're all cheerin for you Thm:

Terry

Gavin and Graham,

Thanks for your continued support. :bow: :bow:

Despite rumours to the contrary, I have not given up :eek: I have almost finished my new head job ;D

Today I went to get some Loctite 620 for the valve cages. At the moment, brandy in hand, I am reeling from the quoted price, $50 for a small bottle. :mad: Needless to say I didn't part with any cash and am meditating on alternatives. It seems that most of the epoxy glues are good for up to 1800 C. But I'm wondering if that is high enough for the exhaust valve. Loctite 620 is rated at 4500 F say 2300 C.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Best Regards
Bob

Hi ya Bob,
I have an affinity for easy-flo which done carefully and with an even heat distribution, should be more than adequate for your needs and you probably have some just laying around.
You may have to do a little hand lapping to seal the deal so-to-speak, veola, job done.
Cheers
Graham

Latest posts

Back