Hit me - Miss me?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
steamer said:
Yeah! and does he have a passport! ;D

Dave

:bow:

Actually he is a dinky die 4th generation Oz. Which is more than I, a 1st generation pommy immigrant, can say.

Pete and Dean,

Thanks for looking in. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Wow,

A whole morning....................minus telling neighbourhood stories......................minus a trip to the shipyard more lies and some TIG instruction plus a piece of 3" boiler tube................minus 3 cups of tea and too many fags and finally DA DA :eek:

DSCF1570.jpg

DSCF1571.jpg

I know a competent machinist could have made them in 10 mins................... a retired machinist, all bloody day. :D

Best Regards
Bob

Bob
The pleasure of life is not about the destination, but about the journey and this one is an epic journey :D

Cheers
Terry

Hey Bob,

I'll be here till ya done mate! and then some! :bow:

Dave

Well, they look very nice, Bob. Doesn't matter how long it took. Heck, some days I go into the
shop and come out hours later with nothing new built at all. It's a retirement luxury, I figure.

Kvom, Terry, Dave and Dean,

Thanks Guys for hanging in there :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Last week was a dead duck...............The admin staff from the Russian Embassy were in town.............Of course SWMDBO had reams of paperwork to be stamped and verified for her pension..............Not big money but better in our pocket than Putin's.

Today was a better day...............After thinking about it on and off I finally decided that I didn't like the rocker arm, principally because there was no adjustment.

The solution was to make a new one with a tappet.

The old and the new. See I even drilled the hole correctly

DSCF1572.jpg

The new one fitted up.

DSCF1573.jpg

Best Regards
Bob

Looks good from here Bob! Glad you sorted out the Russian govt!
;D
Dave

It's looking perilously close to ready to run Bob. The tappet looks very professional

Some valve adjustment is always nice, Bob. Lookin' good!

Terry, Dave, Gavin, Jim, Herbie & Dean,

Thanks guys for the words of encouragement and support :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

This last week was very ordinary. On Monday the DVD died, then on Wednesday so did SWMDBO's laptop. All in all I was more than a little miffed :mad:

Not much to report on the engine front. I did manage to drill and tap the flywheels. A broken tap did little to assist progress. Most of the morning was spent getting the damn thing out without damage to the flywheel and you would know it was the one with the governor weights riveted in place :mad: :mad:

The set up for drilling the flywheels for their grubscrews.

DSCF1580.jpg

Best Regards
Bob

Looking good Bob.....C.O.R.!......don't let a pesky broken tap get in the way! ;D ( easy for me to say! ::))

Dave

Hi Bob,
I think of all the machining jobs I hate the worst it's drilling and tapping the flywheels. I try to keep the angle as shallow as possible which sometimes necessitates making extended drills and taps. I try to tap while I have the job set up as it's hard to eyeball the drilled angle to run the tap in after it's removed from the machine.
gbritnell

Hi Bob,
I'd been wondering how I'd managed to have a few smooth weeks, seems Murphy has been down your way ;D
Cheers
Terry

steamer said:
Looking good Bob.....C.O.R.!......don't let a pesky broken tap get in the way! ;D ( easy for me to say! ::))

Dave

Dave, I tried not to but my cardiologist would have been less than impressed

gbritnell said:
Hi Bob,
I think of all the machining jobs I hate the worst it's drilling and tapping the flywheels. I try to keep the angle as shallow as possible which sometimes necessitates making extended drills and taps. I try to tap while I have the job set up as it's hard to eyeball the drilled angle to run the tap in after it's removed from the machine.
gbritnell

Thanks for the tip George, :bow: just another case of more haste and less speed.

Swarfdweller said:
Hi Bob,
I'd been wondering how I'd managed to have a few smooth weeks, seems Murphy has been down your way ;D
Cheers
Terry

I think Murphy has taken up residence under the mill table.

db6261 said:
Will there be a video of it running? ??? ;D

Only if it runs ::)

Thanks Guys. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

It WILL run - no question about it. We have faith ::) ::) ::)

Latest posts

Back