High Speed Steam Engine

Help Support HMEM:

JCSteam

Reaction score
I hope your health improves windy, as I'd very much like to see more of this :)

All the best:)

lohring

Reaction score
At one time you were looking for an alternative cylinder lubricant. I found information about this Teflon coating in another steam forum.

Lohring Miller

"I picked up this great Teflon coating spray from Grainger that works really well. These sprays were originally marketed for non-stick cookware resurfacing...but due to the toxicity of Teflon fumes when overheated, they now call it simply “dry lubricant” for liability reasons. It actually bonds to metal surprisingly well...but takes several days to coat and re-coat it sufficiently. I plan on coating both the cam and lifter contact surfaces with it to keep the friction down...I did this to hydraulic gear pump components with good results, using it as a high pressure water pump"

Last edited by a moderator:

windy

Reaction score
At one time you were looking for an alternative cylinder lubricant. I found information about this Teflon coating in another steam forum.

Lohring Miller

There are many coatings for IC engine now here are a few

engine anti fricttion coatings007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Anatol

Reaction score
Back at the beginning of this thread, there is a discussion about a "piscesII" engine, and "George" KBC posted some pics of a very interesting looking engine in for a flash steam boat. Can anyone tell me more about this engine ? I assume its a single cylinder poppet valve uniflow, and assume the great driven apparatus on the side is a feed water pump?
thx!

fcheslop

Reaction score
You can contact George aka Ooya on MEM or Model Boat Mayhem.He did a thread about flash steam and that engine on the RC groups site
He no longer posts on this site I believe
The pumps are for water and fuel
The engine is based on Mr Kirtleys design Piscese as for the rest George will know

dkutzner

Reaction score
UPDATE:

E-mailed "My Hobby Shop" about them sending me incomplete plans. They promptly replied with apologies, and an offer for a full refund of my money. They said they'd make arrangements and get back to me. That was almost one month ago, and I have heard nothing from them.

Now, I have to try to stop payments on my credit card. Too much work for some drawings!

Frank

EDIT:
Attempted to contact my credit card Customer Service Dept. What a joke! 20 minutes pressing this, and, pressing that, listening to menus etc. and, I still couldn't connect to any human being to help me stop a payment! Just computer-generated, robotic-voice, crap!! Blood pressure at stroke levels.

Here's the kick in the butt... just opened my credit statement, and read that "My Hobby Shop" gave me credit for the drawings. God forbid they would have notified me with an e-mail to tell me, and let me know that a refund was applied to my account.

I'm sorry I ever sent for the drawings.
stop paying your credit card bills and see how fast they get in touch with you

Latest posts