High CPU Usage [ and how to overcome it ]

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazyman

Reaction score

Hi All.

For many weeks now i've been suffering with high CPU usage when using the web, slow and lethargic response's were the symptoms when trying to view web pages and video's. I was convinced I had a virus and was just about ready to do a full system scan with-out system restore turn on, so I checked task manager to find what was causing it and found a process called 'LVPrcSrv.exe' googled it and found it was a ' Logitech ' process and was known on the logitech webcam forum.

From task manager hit the ' processes ' tab and show all users, next go to services tab find ' LVPrcSrv Process Monitor ' if its running hit the services button to get the screen up, find ' Process Monitor ' right click ' Properties ' stop it, then in the 'startup type' drop down box select ' disabled ' and okay it.

This only applies if you have a ' Logitech ' webcam on your system, and you find that ' LVPrcSrv.exe ' is causing a high CPU usage, if you have a high CPU usage and it is not being caused by the aboved then you will have to find the remedy to sort it out.

If none of the above applies, under no circumstances do not change anything until YOU have found the remedy, I will not be held responsible for your mistakes.

This has worked for me and it works. If you do have the same problem as me and the above works then no problem.

LZ

High CPU numbers are often a result of spyware. Do a complete scan using up to date antivirus/spyware programs. Some of the latest ones are really nasty, and require a rootkit to remove completely.

Latest posts

Back