Hi there from Spain

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarlosV8

Reaction score
Hello, at last I've worked up the courage to register in this forum, i am still a little man, i am just 20 years old and well, i have studied naval mechanic and i am currently studying auto mechanic in Spain , what i am studying it is not a university career it is as ASE certified or Natef certification however, i love engineering, do not laugh of me because i am not an academic :hDe:

For some reasons i can not study a university career but i am good with i am doing, i love what i am doing. This formation allows me to understand all mechanisms, diagrams, etc

I am mad with engines and i was considering to build someday an Homemodel, i know this is a hard work, and you need much knowledge to do it but i am still young and i could study something relationated with mechanical manufacturing.

Well, this is my presentation

Regards, Carlos

Welcome Carlos, you certainly don't need to be an academic to be able to make model engines, just a keen interest. I dropped out of high school, but went on to have a successful career as a toolmaker and now enjoy making model engines as a hobby. I'm looking forward to seeing more posts from you as you progress.

Paul.

"Bienvenido" Welcome for another Spaniard. I am originally from Spain but I live in the USA.

And a big welcome from South Australia. This forum is like an online school so don't worry about qualifications. Just jump in and start making engines. :)

From Arkansas a big Welcome. Your energy is needed and your interest will fuel your talents.

Good Luck

........ do not laugh of me because i am not an academic :hDe:
Regards, Carlos

Hi Carlos
Why should we laugh?
I`m also non-academic, I was a motorcycle mechanic in my "former life"
Graduations do not mean too much in real life, more important is what you can do with passion !
wEc1 to the forum
Regards
Gerhard

Hi Carlos
Why should we laugh?
I`m also non-academic, I was a motorcycle mechanic in my "former life"
Graduations do not mean too much in real life, more important is what you can do with passion !
wEc1 to the forum
Regards
Gerhard

Thanks to all of you guys!

Yeah, well... That is true Gerhardvinna but a guy who is able to make an engine by himself as Steve Huck, Keith5700 or Gbritnell (i am sure there are more talent guys in here but i do not them yet) they must be treated as teachers, as an academic alot of respect for them :bow:

Talking about motorcycle yesterday was a bad day 2 spaniards died at California´s Laguna Seca circuit :mad:

Thank you ;)

Hi Carlos,
Welcome aboard. We are all learners here. If you enjoy this hobby and don't learn something every time you use a tool then something is wrong. Steve and I are long distance acquaintances but we share the same background, cars, mechanics and machining. When you put them all together you can apply them to miniature engine building, if you so desire.
Whenever you get to the point of being able to build something there will always be someone here to give you help and information.
gbritnell

Thanks to all of you guys!

Yeah, well... That is true Gerhardvinna but a guy who is able to make an engine by himself as Steve Huck, Keith5700 or Gbritnell (i am sure there are more talent guys in here but i do not them yet) they must be treated as teachers, as an academic alot of respect for them :bow:
Talking about motorcycle yesterday was a bad day 2 spaniards died at California´s Laguna Seca circuit :mad:
Thank you ;)

Hi Carlos
Sorry for the guys at laguna seca!!
You aer right, when I look at the engine-build logs herein, there are a lot of real masters, I`m just a 58year old student at the beginning:hDe: :wall:eek:f his lessons!
I just cant wait to see some build from you, I currently work on the reconstruction of a Saurer RR7 from WWII.
Regards, have some fun
Gerhard

Hi Carlos
Sorry for the guys at laguna seca!!
You aer right, when I look at the engine-build logs herein, there are a lot of real masters, I`m just a 58year old student at the beginning:hDe: :wall:eek:f his lessons!
I just cant wait to see some build from you, I currently work on the reconstruction of a Saurer RR7 from WWII.
Regards, have some fun
Gerhard

My grand had a Saurer truck¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Really he had 2 trucks 1 Saurer and 1 MAN. He was trucker in 1950 :D

We saved the saurer in the town garage till 10 years ago, the Man truck got destroyed when the garage got burnt long long time ago (i was not alive) my family could save the the Saurer from the fire and we had it till 2005 it was not working and the rust had ruined it so nothing we could do to save it.

I will have my eyes on your project

My grand had a Saurer truck................

Maybe he had one out of "my fathers pencil"? He was a head engineer at Saurer trucks and busses in Vienna, and also wrote some books about the Saurer plant in Vienna. So, as beeing his son, I feel almost responsible to do this build! I`m a bit sad, that so many of the old trucks were fouling away, but there are still lots of them running well.
Regards
Gerhard

Maybe he had one out of "my fathers pencil"? He was a head engineer at Saurer trucks and busses in Vienna, and also wrote some books about the Saurer plant in Vienna. So, as beeing his son, I feel almost responsible to do this build! I`m a bit sad, that so many of the old trucks were fouling away, but there are still lots of them running well.
Regards
Gerhard

WOW

You must be very proud about it ;) The Fire Fighter Corp in my city still has a Saurer truck as a legend, i have memories from my school years when i visited the fire station and we could jump in to the truck :D

I am sure in Vienna there are many of them still working, Saurer trucks must be very common in Northern Europe

WOW

You must be very proud about it ;) The Fire Fighter Corp in my city still has a Saurer truck as a legend, i have memories from my school years when i visited the fire station and we could jump in to the truck :D

I am sure in Vienna there are many of them still working, Saurer trucks must be very common in Northern Europe

Absolutly proud, but there are not so many running Saurer trucks in the region. Many Saurers were sold to Greece, Turkey, the former Yugoslawia, the northern european states had their "own" Volvo and Scania trucks. Remember that Saurer was "killed" in 1970, and was then as a part of Steyr-Daimler-Puch on the market, the name of saurer disappeared then in Austria. The trucks and busses were sold for a while as "Steyr-Saurer" until there were no new Saurer badges to get. This was meant as a protest against Steyr, initiated from the employees, from around 1971 was no Saurer-Steyr named vehicle to get!
Would be happy to see some pics of the Saurer Firetruck of your city!!
Regards
Gerhard
PS.: Could use the fire monitor right now for cooling, we`ve got around 37°C high temp!!!!:eek:

Absolutly proud, but there are not so many running Saurer trucks in the region. Many Saurers were sold to Greece, Turkey, the former Yugoslawia, the northern european states had their "own" Volvo and Scania trucks. Remember that Saurer was "killed" in 1970, and was then as a part of Steyr-Daimler-Puch on the market, the name of saurer disappeared then in Austria. The trucks and busses were sold for a while as "Steyr-Saurer" until there were no new Saurer badges to get. This was meant as a protest against Steyr, initiated from the employees, from around 1971 was no Saurer-Steyr named vehicle to get!
Would be happy to see some pics of the Saurer Firetruck of your city!!
Regards
Gerhard
PS.: Could use the fire monitor right now for cooling, we`ve got around 37°C high temp!!!!:eek:

You forget i live in Spain JeJeJe 35 - 40 °C :fan: it will rain tomorrow but it will be hot out there anyways because the humidity :p

Yeah you do not see saurer trucks every days, i only know 1 saurer truck working and it is the Firetruck of my city, they save it as a treasure and not many times you can see it. All our old trucks, buses and some cars are sent to South America so there are not many old vehicles to see and appreciate, you know pegaso trucks?

Pegaso trucks had the same luck than Saurer, it disappeared:mad:

Pegaso was not known for me , I´ve just took a look at Google, beautiful trucks!
Saurer is still existing, but they dont build trucks anymore, now they are producing machinery for textile industries, and gearboxes. They belong to Oerlikon at the time.
I hope the heat will cool down in a short period of time, impossible for me to work at the lathe at such high temperature!!!
Regards
Gerhard

Back