Hi fromNE England

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcheslop

Reaction score
Id like to say hi to all members. Ive been looking around for a couple of weeks but just not sure how to introduce myself .I come from an electrical engineering background and have had an interest in model engineering for 30 years I've posted some pics of some of my toys just to show what I've been up to. Well i was going to but seam to be having problems uploading them . I'm not very good with computers so please be patient.
regards frazer

001.JPG

Welcome to the forum frazer.
Those engines look good.
Patience we got...so no worries there.
Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Welcome Frazer,

Nice engines :) :)

Do you have a current project in the works?

Jeff

Welcome frazer. wEc1 Nice collection of engines there, looking forward to seeing the rest of your projects. Tell us more about those engines in the picture when you get time.

Regards,
Rudy

Thank you for the warm welcome. the engines in the pic are all flame eaters the one furthest left is Poppin the next engine was in Steam and Sterling Engine book the one that looks a little like a hit n miss is my own design and then Elmer's opposed piston engine. Currently I seem to be building oscillators and am building a Bowman like /style toy steam boat .
regards and best wishes

006.JPG

Fraser,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Frazier!

Also from New England.....
Dave

Welcome to the forum, Frazer. Nice job on the engines. I've always had a soft spot for flame eaters, but my experience with them hasn't been very good. I also like the boat. May have to consider a steam powered boat one day.

Chuck

Just to say thanks again for the welcome. The little steam boat is for my grandson just so his grandad can play with his boats again or that was the original idea but i am thinking of a larger one along the lines of the larger Bowman toys they are becoming addictive although I'm getting a bit tired of oscillator's so am considering making a valve less engine for it along the lines of the bowman engine at the moment I've figured out the inlet but not the exhaust the pistons must rotate as they travel up/down the bore a bit like a 2 stroke I think there is a peg and the piston has a helical grove so that they rotate to open and close the ports. Regards and best wishes. sorry wrong pic

005.JPG

Sorry trying to learn about posting pics
007.jpg

006-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

it a semi scale model of steam launch Bat the first machine ever to be controlled by radio on windermere ?
Is this correct for posting I go to img code on photo bucket and drag in reply window and how do I re size please be patient as I am an absolute novice at this game.Any help greatly appreciated
regards frazer

Hi Frazer, that's a wonderful and very realistic model of Bat! I love the herringbone decking ends at the king plank -a difficult job that you have done very neatly. Does it have a Kitchen rudder for speed and reverse? John.

WOW! Nice looking boat.

Welcome to the best forum on the web.

Ron

My school group is building the Duclos flame eater shown in the first picture. Yours looks very nice, so glad to see a completed example. Great boat model!

Back