Hi from Swaziland

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhynardt1

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm a hobby trying to be machinist from Swaziland. I have a small home workshop, which I am currently trying to tool up.

My main machine is an old Myford ML7, to which I have fitted a VFD , cooling system and lots of TLC.

Currently I'm making tooling to be able to make a vertical milling attachment for the myford.

I also dabble in small steam , turbine and stirling engines.

Hi Rhynardt and welcome to HMEM. You have a good lathe there and we look forward seeing you're projects.

Hi Rhynardt,

Welcome! I'm new here myself - noticed you mention turbines.....what types?

I'm in the early stages of designing a model steam turbine with a 2-row curtis type wheel - expect it will take me a while, but should be fun.

Looking forward to seeing your projects!

Hi Tim. I have built some tesla turbines and a small single row, radially drilled turbine coupled to a torch dynamo to show a friends son how electricity can be generated. The tesla turbines was built with hard drive disks and spun extremely fast. Not yet into very complicated designs as i need to build my own tooling, but hopefully someday i will be there

Sent from my iPhone using Model Engines

Hi Herbiev. Thanks for the kind words. Yep the Myford is a good old machine.

Wow, that takes me back.
When I was still at school my father bought a piece of land outside Mbabane on the road to Piggs Peak if I remember right. I do remember it being a very beautiful part of the world.
I don't recall all the details, but the intention was for my parents to move there and for me to stay on as a boarder at my Pretoria school. Somehow the business deal my father was involved in fell through and it never happened and he sold the property a few years later.
Clive

Hi All

I'm a hobby trying to be machinist from Swaziland. I have a small home workshop, which I am currently trying to tool up.

My main machine is an old Myford ML7, to which I have fitted a VFD , cooling system and lots of TLC.

Currently I'm making tooling to be able to make a vertical milling attachment for the myford.

I also dabble in small steam , turbine and stirling engines.

Hi Rhynardt1 welcome to the forum.
It’s nice to see a fellow Myford user. Swaziland! The view from your shop must be a beautiful. Before I got my mini mill I was thinking of building a small milling vise to fit the cross slide. Searching the internet I came across these plans from a JUNE, 1958 (same year as my Myford) SCIENCE AND MECHANICS for a Lathe Milling Attachment by L C. MASON. It’s sized for a 7” lathe and bolt together construction using cold rolled barstock. The drawing is a little blurry but readable. Looking forward to see the Myford make some chips.

View attachment lathe-milling-attach.pdf

Hi Clive and Bmac. Swazi is a pretty little place , thanks. Bmac, i will look it up as a good vice is very scarce in this area

Back