Hi from Australia

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

baldrocker

Hi from Oz.
At last a site that does'nt assume 60 years experience. At the age of 63 I have just
realised a long held ambition and got me a lathe. True its almost as old as I am (Australian made Advance approx 1950) I know enough to be downright dangerous and all I've done so far is make little one's out of big ones but really enjoying the learning curve even if I can't see the end. Really enjoy your site and look forward to learning heaps.
Greetings
Baldrocker aka Paul Howard

Welcome Paul,

Age doesn't matter for yourself or machinery, just enjoy what you are doing. You WILL get better as time passes.

John

Paul,

There is lots of experience here but I believe all the persons that post their workshop output remember what it was like to be a novice.

If you have questions, ask away, many of the members llove to answer! There are lots of answers and many ways to do the same thing. All can learn from what comes from what could be a simple question; possibly the only difficult thing is deciding which advice suits you best.

I hope you enjoy your visits and I look forward to seeing any output you may feel you wish to share.

Al

Hi, Your 63 and I'm 14. We have the ages covered ;). I hope you become a big part of the forum. I have been here a few days, and like it alot.

howdt do. im a new dude too. this is a great place ;D
lots of reading.

welcome paul.............we are ALL in need of help ...........one way or another :big: :D ;) ??? ::)

cheers from canada
chuck

Hi Paul I'm another Aussie from Coffs Harbour,N.S.W.and new to everything here and really enjoying it .
best of luck mate , Ian.

Welcome Paul you have joined the most helpful forum I have yet to find for the novice. Look forward to a long and useful fraternisation........

I don't know if you know of a fellow Aussie, Ron Chernich? he is big in model ic engines. (I don't expect you to know where he lives :big:). What is your area of interest? Steam, ic ?

Bext of luck for the future.....

Mike

Paul:
Welcome this hobby is easy, something any 5 year old can do with 10 years experience.LOL
Seriously though I have been at metal working as a hobby and professionally on and off for about ten years and some days things go smoothly and other day I feel like a fumbling apprentice.
So 1) work safe
2) have fun
3) learn something
4) Make a few chips
5) make something.
Tin

Hi All
Sorry about delayed response but thanks
for all your greetings
baldrocker/Paul

baldrocker said:
At last a site that does'nt assume 60 years experience.

Nope, just 59. ;D

really enjoying the learning curve even if I can't see the end. Really enjoy your site and look forward to learning heaps.

Done properly, there is no end to the curve though it does take some unexpected twists now and then. There are many learned folks here (some of whom claim not to be so learned) more than happy to share their expertise. Well, except that guy in Hawaii who keeps showing up at inopportune times. He's somewhat a pain but he's tolerated because of his rather sad and unfortunate condition.

Have fun. And leave your sanity at the door. :D

Best regards,

Kludge

Back