Hi again all

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyline1

Reaction score
Hello again all from Glos U.K

Been some difficult personal things happening just lately which is why I haven't been on the forum,

The spot welder is working great, I "stitch" welded some 0.5mm stainless with it. I then bent and pulled and wrenched the sample in the vice well beyond what it would expect in normal service. (Not too scientific I know!) . Will post some pics of the sample soon , it looks like some weird metal bird. The only bit that is still straight after all that abuse is the welded bit.

I spun one of the turbines up which usually tends to send anything feline or canine heading towards the horizon. Not so this time, I have been adopted by one of the local feral cats who seems to like it! .

post one about engineering cats or P.M. me

Regards Mark

Last edited:
Here ya go Steve

My mate took a couple of snaps on his mobile

bent it in all shapes but the welds survived !

Photo0098.jpg

pics are a bit groggy but you should be able to get the idea

not bad from some bits of old microwave, it ain't gonna fall apart in a hurry

my mate Jon, who helped me build it with much experience from full size ones says that this is multispot welding (not true stitch welding) when the welds actually overlap, if I had done that the parent steel would fracture well before the welds give way

Regards Mark

Attachments

• Photo0099.jpg
    Photo0099.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Photo0100.jpg
    Photo0100.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 209

Latest posts

Back