Hey from land of OZ

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brazza

aussie member
Reaction score
Hi im Brayden 20 years of age
living in victoria australia , i'm a third year apprentice Toolmaker,
been machining for about 6 years now , started with a mini lathe
when i was about 15 , which progressed into a cnc router/mill then shortly after followed by a dm 45 mill (rong-fu clone). I'm interested in anything with an engine (petrol ,electric, steam ...and so on) , well it's normaly just the engine that interests me, and all projects that require machining shiny things. Work with cnc (mills , lathes, surface grinders edm wire and sinker ) and also a lot of manual machines .

Just about to finish off a jan ridders pressure controlled 2 stroke that i have been doing weekend work on for a year, sorry haven't documented build but will put up a video of first start attemps , just have to make me a wooden base and make a pcb for the ignition system. Yeah that about somes it up, oh and i don't mind a beer or two
cheers;D

Welcome to this wonderful forum.Please post video when engine is up and running.

Tool Makers are my heros known for their superb workmanship and finish.

Where about in Victoria you reside? Will be in Melbourne for a short holiday to see my grandchildren.

Hi from Western Sydney
An apprentice in the machining trade that a rare thing these days

welcom brayden from another victorian , i would assume you would have atended the recent model engineering expo at monash uni clayton 29-30 sept

Hi Gus i'm from a town called Bendigo , about 2 hours from Melbourne . No wayne unfortunately i haven't even been to any model engineering expo before , i missed out on the bendigo one a couple years back , and i'm still kicking myself for missing it , next time around i won't miss it fingers crossed.

Hello Brayden and welcome from inside Canberra! (Jim's up the road a bit!!!)
Steamboat Willie aka Bill

Hi from Western Sydney
An apprentice in the machining trade that a rare thing these days

Hi Ruzzie.

Once upon a time there were too many fitters and turners and pay was bad.
Came boom time 1970s----today,Singapore is still short of such tradesmen despite local trade schools churning out hundreds.
Today my classmates have problem employing highly skilled machinist cum fitters for his Plastic Mould Shop to final manual fit and finish up moulds which came from a FMS line . Youngsters would go for CNC Machining Course in the local trade schools.
Their basic skills are not best.Most think hack sawing,filing,chipping and scraping is slavery. Gus shared this too.Luckily I was trained under no nonsense maestros-----my dad and uncles.Today .How many skilled tradesmen can "machine gun" chip a key-way.

Hi Gus i'm from a town called Bendigo , about 2 hours from Melbourne . No wayne unfortunately i haven't even been to any model engineering expo before , i missed out on the bendigo one a couple years back , and i'm still kicking myself for missing it , next time around i won't miss it fingers crossed.

Hi Brazza,

Been to Peerless Compressor Plant ,Bendigo. I ate world best "KirkPatrick Oysters" and Lamb Chops.
Like you I missed out the Bendigo Show. Now that we are HMEM connected,
I now have the incentive to attend this annual show though I could go broke buying too many good stuffs and get too ambitious.

Hi and welcome from north coast N.S.W. If you are ever up this way The shed is always open to model machinists and the coffee is always on.(if you enjoy a surf.we are on the beach).

Ian(seagar).
Arrawarra,N,S.W.

Welcome to the forum .sounds like you fit in just fine. jump right in.
Tin

G'day & welcome from Mornington Peninsula & an X Maryborough boy. One of my last employer's were also Bendigo based (Strickland Rd, just past Boral Ashphalt) and I was often there picking up gear, swapping vehicles.
Nice bit of the country.

Eddie

G'day & welcome from Mornington Peninsula & an X Maryborough boy. One of my last employer's were also Bendigo based (Strickland Rd, just past Boral Ashphalt) and I was often there picking up gear, swapping vehicles.
Nice bit of the country.

Eddie

Hi Eddie.

May I add. The world best "KirkPatrick Oysters" and Lamb Chops in Bendigo plus a nice museum. Good North Indian Food.

Hi Eddie.

May I add. The world best "KirkPatrick Oysters" and Lamb Chops in Bendigo plus a nice museum. Good North Indian Food.

G'day Gus
Is that the Indian Restaurant near the fountain? Been there a few times & very nice. Copped a bad batch of Oysters while staying at the National Hotel/Motel, crook for 3 days but always went back for more, normally a great feed. Also worthy of an honorable mention, the Teppanyaki up the top of Mitchell St, YuMmY.

Eddie

G'day Gus
Is that the Indian Restaurant near the fountain? Been there a few times & very nice. Copped a bad batch of Oysters while staying at the National Hotel/Motel, crook for 3 days but always went back for more, normally a great feed. Also worthy of an honorable mention, the Teppanyaki up the top of Mitchell St, YuMmY.

Eddie

Will be in Melbourne 19----27 Oct visiting my daughter and two grandchildren.
Stay nearby Victoria Market. Will head there for fresh Oysters. There is a Chinese restaurant called "Sungs" They have very good steam oysters.
As good as KirkPatricks. Heading to Mossvale,2 hrs drive from Sydney to see me old boss and have Flathead Fillet. WorldBest. Ha ha.
The Steaks served at Vlado,Melbourne is now expensive junk with the old cooks gone and chinese cooks took over. Sad Sad. Will buy Porterhouse from Victoria market and cook ourselves in the rented apartment.

If you drop Singapore,will buy you Chicken Rice.

Best Regards

Gus (one who enjoys good food)

Latest posts

Back