Help with Elmers Wobble Plate

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreeves

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my engine complete but I can't seem to get the valve correct. I need help from someone who has built this engine. The discription in the plans are not clear to me on how it is to be set.

Dave

I am also having problems also getting the valve correct. Did you get yours figured out? On the plans it shows centered on TDC, but the picture above it on the plans shows it open to cylinder and exh. port on TDC. What is correct?

Mines having problems with opening the intake too soon before the crank is back at TDC and then it reverses because it blows back in the cylinder. :wall:

Intake wants to open slightly after TDC and Exhaust wants to open about BDC. Intake opening a bit after TDC is not a problem, and exhaust opening a bit early is not a problem.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my engine complete but I can't seem to get the valve correct. I need help from someone who has built this engine. The discription in the plans are not clear to me on how it is to be set.

Dave

Dave...did you get this issue resolved?

It has been over a year since I ran my wobble plate engine...if you are still having difficulties I will start mine up.

I did get it running. Thanks for the reply. I have since drilled a 1/16 hole through the plate and crank to ease reassembly.

Dave

Back