help mobile crane advice on workshop wheels

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babolottino

Reaction score
help mobile crane advice on workshop wheels:
hi, sorry if I disturb, for my workshop I would like to build a small mobile crane on wheels like that of the mechanics, I would build the frame in beams and realize the system of lowering and lifting arm some ideas?

portana 2000 kg, width gauge base 100cm, base length 150 cm. height
Floor Cranes.jpg
Immagine.jpg
crane.jpg
workshop crane.jpg
hoist 1.jpg
hoist 2.jpg

crane.jpg

recommended to take one used, robust, at a good price? right? blackhawk hoist

Well that certainly covers the range of products. Thoughts since you are posting here I will make some assumptions: you are a one man band, you shop is less than 100o FtSq,
You are not a multi-millionaire.
So what to lift up, lathe chucks, work pieces, maybe a piece of a machine, but not a machine.
While it is nice to think of having a machine that can lift 2 tons, like that Black Hawk model, or like that first one pictured. It is very unlikely to happen, First off an unpowered lift would take 3 people to roll with that much weight hanging off it. This I know for experience, as I have used my 2ton to move 1 ton.
A suggestion is to buy /make an invalid ;iftof about 400 lbs cap, mine has an electric lift which is perfect for a one man operation. It takes up much less space and is especially
handy for a guy like me in a wheelchair.
The 2 ton lift sits in the garage, unused last 2 years, the little one is used weekly.

Photos in Disabilities Machining , under Tips.

thanks for your valuable suggestions thanks, if I had some photos of your device I would be very grateful. thanks again for your valuable suggestions thanks again

Back