Help: Looking for a steam engine forum

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard-Vanderpol

Reaction score
help. i google steam engine forum. and find a lot. and no idea which one to choose. can you pls recommend one to me. thanks in advance.

help. i google steam engine forum. and find a lot. and no idea which one to choose. can you pls recommend one to me. thanks in advance.
Richard

Can you better define what your looking for? Stationary steam plants, Locomotive Steam Engines, Ships or river boats, full sized stuff or modeling. Do you want to learn the process, restore engines, make models? Your Steam Engine title covers a lot of varied subjects.

lg
no neat sig line

Richard

Can you better define what your looking for? Stationary steam plants, Locomotive Steam Engines, Ships or river boats, full sized stuff or modeling. Do you want to learn the process, restore engines, make models? Your Steam Engine title covers a lot of varied subjects.

lg
no neat sig line
i think it's Ships or river boats, full sized stuff or modeling.

Welcome to group.
We can help you in machining and building model engines.

Dave

Welcome to group.
We can help you in machining and building model engines.

Dave
I'm looking for a boiler for this 3 cyl engine.

Attachments

• IMG_20210903_142844.jpg
    IMG_20210903_142844.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 53
Richard,

I am a part time lurker here I saw your picture of the engine.
If you are looking for a commercially made boiler for it,
I would recommend you look at:

Clevedon Steam - Clevedon Steam - Products Page
Jerry has a number of steam plants available, and all of the boilers are available separately.
He also has the fuel tanks and bits/bobs you will need as well.

Pendlesteam - model steam boiler products
He as a wider arrangement of boilers and accessories.

Stay away from the chinese guys on ebay. They make great stuff but their boilers are too small - only 450ML.
and rated for low pressure. for a three cylinder, you need at least a 600ML 60psi or better to get a decent run out on the
water.

May I ask what type of hull you are going to put it in?

Regards
Jim Pope
Denver, CO
Hilltop Boatworks

There is a group in the UK that delves entirely with steam engines. They talk a lot about Mamod steam engines, one of which I have. I have not been on their website for a couple of years so maybe it's not active now. If you Google Mamod Steam engines you may find some links.

Jim in PA

Please tell us the size of bore and stroke, and max running speed. What power do you need from the engine? (E.G. Equivalent electric motor size and power).
We can recommend the size of boiler and burner needed.
Calculations are essy, but we need the data to input...
K2

There is a group in the UK that delves entirely with steam engines. They talk a lot about Mamod steam engines, one of which I have. I have not been on their website for a couple of years so maybe it's not active now. If you Google Mamod Steam engines you may find some links.

Jim in PA

Checked on Mamod's web site - - - - don't see links of any kind.
Do you perhaps remember the name of the group - - - the previous url would also be useful.

TIA

Back