Hello

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few pictures, i will post some. I was rearranging some folders on my camera through my computer last night, I deleted the wrong folder and lost about 500 pics i a few seconds. Normaly they would go to the recycle bin but I had the camera still hooked up and that has no recycle bin. I haven't told my wife yet, all of the pics of my newborn daughter in the hospital were on it too. :fan:

I took some of some stuff I had on the bench last night.

The pic of the completed engine is the Wall Water Witch a friend of mine built and runs very nice.

DSC01944.JPG

DSC01944.JPG

DSC01945.JPG

DSC01945.JPG

DSC01946.JPG

DSC01946.JPG

WtrWtch5.JPG

Very Very Nice KK :bow:
Tony
By the way......you are in deep do do for loosing that baby pic!!!

Well she took it better than I thought she would.
By the way, how do you like the ram turbine.
I am working on a TK-50 by Kurt Schreckling, it is a smaller one. the other is a turbocharger based going on a quarter scale tractor puller with a turboshaft impeller and an afterburner.
The afterburner is just for show, I made a fuel ring so it will blow a fireball about ten feet up. I lost all of the build pics of that, but I will take more. I also lost most of my ic pics.
-B-

Welcome to HMEM Krown Kustoms.

Rick

HEY -B-
Ram was a very good turbine in it's day. Company went under but the machinist and techs opened their on Co. RTE in Miami. They service all model turbines now. I bought mine on ebay for cheap and had RTE look it over and put on a starter so I didn't need to use scuba tank to start. Works great now 3 wiggles of the throttle stick on the Tx and off we go. And it monitors the cool down too. No leaf blower needed!
What ECU are you using?
Are you planing to put yours in a plane some day?
I was planning to build my own turbine but to many other sticks in the fire and fingers in the pies :big:
Afterburned......you sick man Thm:
Tony

PS I just did a bad thing......I ordered the Kurt Schreckling book. Curiosity killed the cat! And might go nicely in this (curently Ducted Fan)

IMG_0237.jpg

Krown Kustoms,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

G'day Burton, and welcome

Thank everyone for being so nice, I have been on a few other forums and the new guy is usually looked at as the idiot who knows nothing.

again thank you all

cobra, tht is a nice jet, I have no electronics yet, I have some schematics and a cnc program to etch my board,but I wont need that for a while, like you I have so many irons in the fire I dont know which way is up.

I cant even fly my rear prop park flyer so Im sure the turbine wont go in a plane.
the book is full of info and really helps understand the inner workings.

speaking of irons in the fire I found some plans for a shaft driven generator to put behind one of my bigger ic's. I also found an inderect magnet drive so you dont need any belts or shafts.
I have already broke out the layout dye for the gen, just something to put me behind more and another half finished project.

Burton,

Welcome to HMEM.

Bob

That is one thing about this Form it doesn't matter how new you are you are never treated like a idiot and there is never a stupid question that is one of the reasons why I like it so much. Cliff

Hi Burton, welcome to the Model Engine building forum.

Chuck

Welcome goldminer:
looks like you are well on your way to getting your shop set up and running and have some clear goals.
A 1kw engine is going to be a pretty good sized "model" roughly half scale of the original. In theory 1/2 scale will give you 1.25 kw but you may lose some efficiency in the thermal dynamics of the smaller engine. Good luck.
Tin

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for the generator description.

augm,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

AGM a heads up on that shaper you need to loosten the bolts on the ways when you raise or lowere the table then ighten them back . this is stated in the manual. The manuals are out there in pdf format if you need one.
tin

AGM,
Welcome! I will be interested in your progress as I am sure everyone else here is too.
EB

Hello augoldminer, and welcome, I am a newbie here too, but I can tell you the people here are great, helpfull, and funny, I am sure you will like it here and have fun too ;)

Regards
Andy

Latest posts

Back